Baader TurboFilm is the highly transparent crystal clear film (not Mylar!) developed for scientific applications and used as the base material for the renowned Baader AstroSolar. It is a monomer film which was found after thoroughly testing more than 200 different film samples on Baader's Zeiss autocollimator. This film was used in German Science Institutes as an optical membrane for nuclear and particle physics experiments. The basic substrate has been further refined and homogenized by a proprietary annealing process that was developed exclusively for Baader Planetarium. Due to these treatments Turbo Film attains near-perfect homogeneity and performs equal to a 1/10 wave plane parallel optical window. In fact it has the lowest wedge error of any existing optical window. TurboFilm will protect your valuable optical equipment, close telescope tubes against dust and humidity, greatly reduce air currents - all without reducing the optical quality of your telescope. This amazing optical material enables cost-effective uses for amateurs and professionals that were never before possible.
Some Suggested Uses:
- Precision Optical window for Newtonians and Cassegrains (ie, Tak Mewlons) up to 20" Dia. (or off-axis windows for larger telescopes). Reduce Tube Currents, Seal out Dust and Dew to Protect Coatings.
- Optical window for protecting all telescopes (incl. refractors) from harsh conditions (ie, salt spray near coastal areas).
- Sealing of Observatory Dome Slits or Observing Room Windows.
- Industrial and Research Uses: Cost-effective precision optical windows for sealing of test chambers and enabling remote optical inspection. Isolation of large fluid optics.
- Roll Size: 127 x 51cm (50" x 20")
- Thickness, 12micron (0.0005")
- ransmission @633nm ~95%.
Note: In order to maintain the high optical quality of TurboFilm, the film must be mounted free of stress and wrinkles.
|Name||Baader Planetarium - Turbo Film 127 x 51 cm|
|Custom Stock Status||Available - Ships in 3-5 Days|