The NEW Takahashi FSQ 106 ED Quadruplet Apochromat Refractor Takahashi has made sfignificant improvements over its predecessor, the "old" FSQ106. Based on a Petzval quadruplet (double doublet!) apochromat optical design with a four-lens fully-multicoated system using two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements. The modified Petzval design uses a true apochromatic doublet objective lens with an ED element to gather the light. There is a second widely air-spaced ED doublet within the focuser drawtube itself. This second doublet optimizes the optical wavefront from the objective lens to eliminate any residual astigmatism. It also features an integrated a field flattener for wide field astrophotography. The result is a very accurate instrument optimized for wide-field imaging of the deep sky. It also comes equipped with a built-in camera angle adjuster and an oversized 4" heavy duty rack-and-pinion focuser capable of as much as a 5kg load. For critical adjustments it also features a 10:1 microfocuser. To minimize the length of the optical tube, it includes a retractable dewshield that makes the FSQ airline portable at only 16.7" long when collapsed!
The new FSQ telescope has significantly longer backfocus than the "old" FSQ106 measuring 178mm to accommodate most DSLR and CCD systems. Many CCD imagers have additional equipment in the light path such as filter wheels, adaptive optics, temperature control focusers and other accessories that take up precious focus travel. The new "Q" with additional backfocus will accommodate most all Imaging equipment and is a superlative Visual instrument as well that will allow the use of virtually all Barlows, focal reducers, extenders, multiple eyepieces and binoviewers.
The focuser, all aluminum castings, mounts and optics continue to be hand made and assembled, one at a time, by Takahashi craftsmen in Japan who consistently produce instruments of flawless optical and mechanical quality, resulting in no less than functional works of art to be enjoyed for many years.
This FSQ-106ED Package Includes:
- FSQ-106ED (OTA), Tube complete
- EM-200 Temma-2 EQ mount (2 x 5 kg counterweight)
- SE-L long wooden tripod
- LE 18mm Eyepiece
- 1.25" Diagonal Prism
- 7X50 Finder Scope
- Finder Bracket
- Tube Holder
Takahashi FSQ-106 Highlights:
- Back focus has been increased to 178mm in order to accommodate numerous combinations of CCD cameras, accessories and bino viewers.
- The new "Q" tube assembly is 16.7" long which makes it the ultimate traveler's' stowaway astrograph. The length is 20.5" with the lens shade extended.
- The new ultra duty focuser with camera rotator will carry a 5 kg. load to accommodate the new large chip CCD cameras with an 88mm image circle
- A new f/3.6 reducer is a great option for wide field imaging producing a 6.5° field.
- The redesigned modified four element double ED Petzval optics have been optimized for imaging and giving outstanding visual images.
- Color correction has been extended to 1000nm to provide non bloated imaged stars.
- When used with the Extender-Q it will provide superb images for higher magnification views of the Moon and planets.
Takahashi EM-200 Temma II German EQ Mount on SE-L Tripod Features:
|Name||Takahashi - FSQ-106ED "New Q" APO Refractor - (EM-200 Temma II Mount)|
|Manufacturer Part No||TSS1064|
|Telescope Aperture||4.1" - 5"|
|Computer Hand Control||Yes|
|Counterweights||Two 11.02 Ib Counterweights|
|Finderscope||7 x 50 Optical Finder|
|Focuser||4" Rack & Pinion|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||11.9|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Optical Design||Refractor - Apochromatic|
|Optical Tube Length||26.6"|
|Optical Tube Weight||15.4 lbs.|