Each controller is custom made, and comes with a 3 year warranty
Introducing a new hand controller designed for Takahashi Temma Mounts by AstroSolutions LLC.
The Advanced Hand Controller (AHC) is a revolutionary new controller that includes features and capabilities never before available on a mount hand controller and in many cases, not even available in PC or handheld software.
The AHC is designed to control a Temma mount without a PC. It includes all features that come standard on the mount and adds new functionality thru the careful use of todayÊ¼s cutting-edge technology. It is fully compatible with all Temma mounts made and has the flexibility to stay compatible with future generations of Takahashi mounts.
A real-time clock and intuitive software design cut down on the need for repetitive data entry and store all critical data such as the location information for use session after session. Menus are easy to navigate and require the minimum of keys to access any function.
The keypad is designed like a standard numeric keypad for ease of data entry and crucial keys are located to allow critical functions such as a GoTo stop to be performed without even looking at the keypad or while wearing gloves.
The AHC uses 8 Gb of high-speed flash storage to hold numerous stellar catalogs and uses a fast 32-bit processor to allow the user to perform multi-level searches with only a few key presses, easily bringing up any object the user may wish to view or photograph. A user can add his favorite objects to his personal catalog and the AHC supports up to 4 different users, each of which can have his or her own set of favorites. Looking at an object, but not sure what it is? Ask the AHC and it will search its catalogs to see if it can identify it. If so, the name and type of the object will be displayed and you can add it to your favorites with just the press of key.
Tired of being told an object is visible, only to find itÊ¼s behind your house or buried in tall trees? The AHC not only stores off up to 9 locations, but also the horizon heights around each location. Now when youÊ¼re told an object is visible, it really will be visible.
There are many more features and the AHC has been designed to allow you to update the internal firmware and software to correct problems as well as add completely new features at no cost.
Take the AHC for a spin, it will revolutionize the way you use your Takahashi Temma Mount.
Features and Specifications
1. Sturdy case is custom laser-cut and sized for easy use with anyone's hand, bare-handed or gloved
2. Custom Keypad is waterproof and features tactile keys so you can feel when a key has been pressed
3. Keypad is designed with a standard PC numeric key layout with dedicated Search keys
4. Fiber-optic backlighting provides even illumination of all the keys and is adjustable for all conditions
5. 8 Gb of high-speed flash storage provides almost unlimited storage
6. Fast 32 bit CPU allows for quick response and multi-level searches
7. Built-in USB to Serial converter allows connection to the mount using only a USB port
8. Optional GPS integrates seamlessly into the controller's software
9. Identify command tells you the name of the object in the eyepiece
10. Locations can include horizon information allowing the AHC to select objects that are actually, not just theoretically visible
11. A separate catalog can be loaded with a users favorites, right from the keypad during an observing session.
12. The Favorites catalogs can be saved by location and upto 5 different users can have their own separate set of favorites catalogs
13. Searches thru catalogs can be performed on multiple criteria, and be performed with just the press of one button.
Results from the previous sessions can be remembered so that each new search doesnÊ¼t require the user to scroll thru objects he has already seen
14. The hardware and software design is open-ended, allowing the AHC to keep up with the latest trends in Astronomy and to be compatible with future Takahashi mounts.
1. Custom Laser-cut Acrylic case with silicon surround
2. Size: 7.7” x 4.7” x 1.5” (largest dimensions)
3. Waterproof membrane keypad with tactile keys and variable actuation pressure
4. Red Fiber optic keypad backlighting - Adjustable brightness
5. 4 line by 20 character display with adjustable red backlighting
6. USB input port for connection to the PC. Internal USB to serial converter
7. Std 9 pin serial port for connection to the mount
8. Illuminated one-touch power switch
9. 12-24V DC locking power connector.
10. Flash Disk Card slot
11. Internal connector for optional GPS
12. Weight - 18.5 oz
Warranty: Full 3-Year Parts and Labor.
|Name||Takahashi - Advanced Temma Hand Controller|
|Custom Stock Status||In Stock|