The Starlight Xpress SXV Large Format Active Optics is used in conjunction with the off-axis guider and unlike most cameras that have a guider chip already complete with them, the SXV Large Format is installed ahead of filters for maximum sensitivity to deliver ultimate and accurate response to software. The guiding camera is parfocal when used with Starlight Xpress Cameras and the user can adjust the focus by moving the guider along the prism tube.
- Image tracking and stabilization using a high speed tip-tilt optical window.
- Fast tracking speed of 5mS per increment.
- Overcomes rapid gear errors to stabilize even difficult mounts.
- Mount control output for correcting large drive errors while maintaining AO stabilization.
- Image shift factor independent of optical system or camera back-focus spacing.
- Off-axis guider assembly (optional) for use with an SXV guide camera.
- STAR2000 guiding compatible.
- May be used to image stabilize many other makes and types of camera, given suitable control software.
- Clear aperture of 60mm for up to 35mm full-frame size chips.
- Short optical length - 74mm with OAG, 44mm without (add 6mm if front end adaptor is used).
- Very low light loss (~2%) from the multicoated optics.
- Filter threads for adding 48mm narrow band. IR blocking or pollution rejection filters without affecting the guide camera sensitivity.
- Serial RS232 control via the computer or SXV splitter box. Parallel control available.
- Low power consumption. Less than 600 mA at 12v DC when moving - 50mA quiescent current.
- Compact and lightweight - only 132mm in diameter x 32mm long - less than 700 grams load on the 'scope
|Name||Starlight Xpress - SXV Large Format Active Optics|
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|
|Manufacturer Part No||SXV-AO-LF|