SKY-WATCHER - 14" (356mm) Collapsible Dobsonian Reflector - S11760
The Sky-Watcher Dobsonian utilizes quality components throughout. Pride of workmanship manifests itself in high quality standards of optical and mechanical fabrication. The polishing process for primary and diagonal mirror yields smooth mirror surfaces ensuring good contrast, and properly corrected optics show minimum alterations to the optical wave-front.
The mechanical and structural components of the OTA exhibit rigid construction and outstanding stability. The mount construction is sturdy and rigid. Mount design, while simple, facilitates smooth motions about both axes. Quality accessories enhance the observer's viewing experience.
- The truss tubes collapse into the mount instead of requiring that they be removed entirely, keeping them safe from dents or dings. This design feature also means you won't accidentally leave your truss poles behind when you head out to a dark sky site.
- The primary and secondary mirror is aluminized in a vacuum chamber and then over-coated with hard quartz (SiO4) and additional layers of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) and (SiO4). The coatings offer extra protection to the surface while optimizing the clarity and sharpness of observed objects.
- The rocker box mount comes with smooth Teflon bearings and a tension clutch for altitude.
- Accessories include a 9x50 straight-through finderscope, two eyepieces, and a 2" Crayford-style Dual Speed focuser with an 1.25" adapter.
- 14" (356 mm) Dobsonian-style Newtonian
- 1650 mm focal length (f/4.6)
- 2" Crayford-style focuser with 1.25" adapter
- 4-element Plössl 25 mm and 10 mm 1.25" eyepieces
- 9x50 straight through finderscope
- Solid rocker-mount with Teflon bearings and tension clutch for altitude
- Aluminum plate with needle bearings for azimuth
- Eyepiece height at zenith: 62"
- Collapsible Base
|Name||Sky-Watcher USA - 14" Sky-Watcher Collapsible Dobsonian|
|Custom Stock Status||Ships in 3-5 Days|
|In The Box||14" (356mm) Dobsonian-style Newtonian 2" Dual-speed Crayford-style focuser with 1.25" adaptor 4-element Plossl 25mm and 10mm 1.25" eyepieces 9x50 straight through finderscope Solid rocker-mount with Teflon bearings with tension clutch for altitude Aluminum plate with needle bearings for azimuth|
|Telescope Aperture||12.1" - 14"|
|Eyepiece 1||10mm Super Plössl|
|Eyepiece 2||25mm Super Plössl|
|Eyepiece 1 Magnification||165x|
|Eyepiece 2 Magnification||66x|
|Focuser||2" Crayford style Dual Speedd|
In the Box
2" Dual-speed Crayford-style focuser with 1.25" adaptor
4-element Plossl 25mm and 10mm 1.25" eyepieces
9x50 straight through finderscope
Solid rocker-mount with Teflon bearings with tension clutch for altitude
Aluminum plate with needle bearings for azimuth