- Bang-for-the-buck value meets state-of-the-art technology in this 12" fully motor driven GoTo Dobsonian
- Automatically locates and then tracks any of 42,000 celestial objects in the GoTo controller's database
- Big 12" aperture parabolic mirror (f/4.9) with enhanced reflectivity coatings delivers bright, crisp images
- Optical encoders, drive motors, and gears come pre-installed on base, making assembly a snap
- Easy setup: tube drops into base on dovetail trunnion and secures with a single hand knob
- Includes dual-speed 2" Crayford focuser, 28mm 2" DeepView eyepiece, and illuminated-crosshair Plossl for precise GoTo alignment
- One-year limited warranty
Until now. Orion is pleased to herald another giant leap in Dobsonian evolution with the introduction of the SkyQuest XTg series of fully motor driven GoTo Dobsonians. Now, pointing a Dob to even the most elusive of NGC curiosities is as easy as pushing a button or two on the XTg Dobsonians' illuminated hand controller. High-torque servo motors guided by two pairs of high-resolution encoders then slew the telescope right to your object of interest - any of over 42,000 objects in the GoTo controller?s database. No more nudging the telescope tube continuously to keep the object from drifting out of the field of view, either. The XTg automatically tracks the object's motion, keeping it centered in the eyepiece while you savor the view. What's more, the closed-loop electronics of the XTg let you move the telescope manually - or endure the accidental bump - without losing orientation for accurate, automated GoTo pointing!
The SkyQuest XT12g combines GoTo pointing convenience with excellent portability and an amazingly affordable price (just compare its price to any other 12? GoTo telescope on the market). It features a 305mm (12") aperture, 1500mm focal-length parabolic mirror (f/4.9) made from low-thermal-expansion optical glass, with enhanced reflectivity (94%) aluminum coatings for high-definition images. The mirror is center marked to make alignment of the optics (collimation) easier and more precise. The optical tube comes equipped with a dual-speed 2" Crayford focuser (with 1.25" adapter). The 11:1 fine focus knob ensures that you'll quickly find that ultra-sharp focus point that makes your target object pop with dazzling clarity!
The GoTo base comes with all optical encoders, drive motors, and gears pre-installed, making assembly a breeze. The optical tube drops into the base on a dovetail trunnion and locks in place with a single hand knob. A simple two-star alignment is all it takes to orient the scope to the sky for GoTo operation. Then let the fun begin! And when you're ready to call it a night, just loosen the knob and lift the tube off the base for easy transport or storage. Handles on the base's front and side panels make it easy to lift and carry.
Standard accessories with the XT12g include an EZ Finder II reflex sight, eyepiece rack with holes for one 2" and three 1.25" eyepieces, hand controller mounting bracket, quick collimation cap, a wide-field 28mm DeepView 2" eyepiece, and a 12.5mm illuminated-crosshair Plossl eyepiece (1.25"), which enables ultra-precise GoTo system alignment. The XT12g requires power from a 12-volt DC field battery or AC adapter, sold separately. A DC cable is included that has a car lighter style plug on one end for connecting to your 12-volt DC power source, and a coaxial plug on the other end that fits the power jack installed on the base.
You're going to love plying the night skies with the SkyQuest XT12g telescope. The GoTo hand controller's softly red-illuminated keypad lets you select an object from a variety of intuitive menus, or take a tour of the "best" objects in the sky at any time. The time you'll save by not having to manually search for your targets will allow you to kick back, relax, and spend more time enjoying the magnificent views through the eyepiece.
If you are an intermediate or advanced deep-sky hunter who wants a big-aperture telescope but not the high price tag, a Dobsonian is the way to go. And now, finally, you can have one that offers the convenience of motor driven GoTo pointing - to anything in the heavens you'd like to see! Make your next telescope the Orion SkyQuest XT12g GoTo Dobsonian!
One-year limited warranty.
- The XTg Dobsonian GoTo system can locate 42,900 celestial objects from its database and track them with accurate motorized motion as they appear to migrate across the night sky.
- XTg Dobsonian telescopes available in 8", 10", and 12" apertures
- 8" XTg: 1200mm focal length (f/5.9)
- 10" XTg: 1200mm focal length (f/4.7)
- 12" XTg: 1500mm focal length (f/4.9)
- All XTg Dobsonians include a deluxe assortment of accessories:
- 8mm DeepView 2" eyepiece
- 12.5mm Illuminated Reticle eyepiece (for convenient and precise alignment star centering)
- EZ Finder reflex sight
- Eyepiece rack (holds one 2" eyepiece and three 1.25" eyepieces)
- Collimation cap
- 12V DC power cord (cigarette-plug style)
- Starry Night software (Orion SE edition)
- Complete instructions for assembly and use
- All models feature a 2" dual-speed (11:1) Crayford focuser
- By using a "closed-loop" GoTo system, the XTg series is able to locate and track objects and still allow manual position adjustment (aiming). This "closed-loop" Technology is also forgiving of inadvertent bumps while viewing in the field
- While some base assembly is required for initial set-up and use, all optical encoders, drive motors, and gears come pre-installed on the base component pieces, making assembly a snap
- Easy setup: tube drops into base on a dovetail trunnion and secures with a single hand knob
|Name||Orion - XT12g 12 " GoTo Dobsonian|
|Manufacturer Part No||ORI-10136|
|Telescope Aperture||10.1" - 12"|
|Bearings||Teflon and UHMW bearings|
|Computer Hand Control||Go-To included (42,900 object database) RS-232, Aux|
|Eyepieces||DeepView 28.0mm (2in.), Plossl 12.5mm (1.25in.)|
|Eyepiece 1||DeepView 28.0mm (2")|
|Eyepiece 2||12.5mm (1.25")|
|Eyepiece 1 Magnification||53x|
|Eyepiece 2 Magnification||120x|
|Finderscope||EZ Finder II|
|Focuser||2in. dual-speed Crayford|
|Highest Useful Magnification||300x|
|Included Accessories||Full Go-To control, Eyepiece rack, Navigation knob, 1.25in. Eyepiece adapter|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||15.1|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||43x|
|Objective Lense Sizes||305|
|Optical Coatings||Diffraction limited Aluminum and Silicon Dioxide|
|Optical Design||Reflector (Parabolic) Low thermal expansion glass|
|Optical Tube Length||58.3 in|
|Optical Tube Weight||48.9|
|Power Requirements||12-volt DC - 2A (tip positive)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||70mm|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||5%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||23%|