Orion Starblast 4.5 EQ Reflector Telescope
Orion's compact, performance-packed Orion StarBlast 4.5 EQ Reflector telescope is a favorite of both beginners and expert astronomers alike. It combines the much-heralded Orion StarBlast 4.5” wide-field (f/4.0) parabolic reflector optics with our sturdy EQ-1 equatorial tracking mount and adjustable-height tripod.
- A wide-field reflector telescope with enough aperture to get great views of the Moon, planets, and many bright deep-sky objects
- A fantastic general-purpose astronomical telescope - great for the beginner to test the waters with mirror optics large enough to keep you and your family busy viewing for years to come
- Works amazingly well with the included Expanse telescope eyepieces which yield a very wide 66° apparent field of view - your first look at the Andromeda galaxy will knock your socks off!
- Fast f/4 optics and a short focal length provide a very wide field of view, making it easy to locate celestial objects without having to hunt around
- The EQ-1 equatorial telescope mount makes tracking night-sky objects extremely easy using the included slow-motion controls. Also includes an EZ Finder II reflex sight for easy aiming, 15mm and 6mm 1.25" Expanse eyepieces, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more!
The 4.5” aperture reflector telescope’s short focal length serves up a generous chunk of sky in the eyepiece, making it easy for beginners to find celestial objects to study. This tripod-mounted version of the StarBlast 4.5 reflector offers an even more pronounced wide-field viewing experience compared to its tabletop counterpart, as we’ve upgraded the telescope eyepieces to include two from the Orion Expanse series - a 15mm and 6mm - which have a large 66° apparent field of view. Observations of everything from the Moon to Messier objects appear exceptionally sharp and rich in contrast through this petite reflector telescope.
The included 15mm Expanse telescope eyepiece provides 30x power magnification, while the 6mm Expanse eyepiece bumps up the power all the way to 75x magnification. The 15mm is a great eyepiece to begin observing sessions with, since it provides a large window of night sky for you to view. Once you’ve found an object you’d like to inspect more closely, swap out the 15mm Expanse with the 6mm eyepiece and enjoy a significantly more powerful view.
An included Orion EZ Finder II reflex sight makes it easy to effectively aim the StarBlast 4.5 Equatorial Reflector Telescope anywhere in the night sky. The EZ Finder II projects a small red-dot onto a viewing window so all you have to do is move the telescope until the red-dot is aimed at the area of sky you wish to view through the telescope. With the EZ Finder II reflex sight, starhopping around the sky is a breeze for anyone in the family!
With the included Orion EQ-1 equatorial telescope mount, you will be able to keep your target object centered in the telescope eyepiece with only an occasional tweak of one slow-motion cable. The EQ-1, like all equatorial telescope mounts, orients the attached StarBlast 4.5” reflector telescope on two axes of motion (right ascension and declination), allowing you to easily track celestial objects as they appear to move across the night sky. Thanks to this design, it’s easy for anyone in the family to manually track a celestial object using slow-motion control cables. You can even add an optional electronic motor drive (sold separately) to the EQ-1 equatorial mount so it can track objects automatically once you’ve centered the object in the telescope eyepiece. The adjustable-height aluminum tripod allows you to set the StarBlast 4.5 Equatorial Reflector up for comfortable views, while remaining lightweight so the entire assembled telescope is easy to transport to and from your favorite stargazing location.
So, if you’re looking for an exceptional beginner telescope on a tracking mount, or an experienced amateur astronomer seeking a more portable alternative to your big "light bucket”, then get an Orion StarBlast 4.5 Equatorial Reflector Telescope. Trust orion, you’ll have a blast!
|Name||Orion - StarBlast 4.5 Equatorial Reflector Telescope|
|Manufacturer Part No||ORI-09798|
|Telescope Aperture||4.1" - 5"|