Orion SkyView Pro 8" Equatorial Reflector Telescope
The Orion SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope has long been admired for its winning combination of outstanding optics and a rock-solid mount. This is one big telescope, capable of providing big, bright views of cosmic curiosities.
- A proverbial light bucket 8" reflector telescope on our stable SkyView Pro equatorial (EQ) mount will provide hour after hour of stargazing fun for the whole family
- Big 8" parabolic primary mirror and 1000mm focal length (f/4.9) make the SkyView Pro 8 an ideal telescope for viewing deep-space objects such as cloudy nebulas, distant galaxies, and both open and globular star clusters
- Also capable of breathtaking views of closer cosmic fare like the planets of our solar system and the Moon
- SkyView Pro equatorial mount with stainless steel tripod provides excellent stability and smooth manual tracking control with the included slow-motion control knobs
- Includes smooth-adjusting 2" Crayford focuser, two Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal lengths), 8x40 finder scope, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more!
The reflecting telescope features an 8" (203mm) parabolic primary mirror, which gives you a whopping 73% more light grasp than a 6" telescope. More light gathering ability means the Orion SkyView Pro 8 EQ reflector will display brighter, sharper images for both visual study and astrophotographic pursuits. You’ll be delighted with beautiful views of the night sky when using the SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope. You can go way beyond the Messier catalog with this telescope! Thanks to its substantial aperture, the 8” SkyView Pro gathers enough light for pleasing views of faint and elusive deep sky objects which you simply cannot detect with smaller diameter instruments. When aimed at the Moon or planets of the solar system, the Orion SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope’s 1000mm focal length (f/4.9) gives you the ability to resolve fine detail at high power.
Supreme stability for the big 8” aperture reflector is supplied courtesy of the included Orion SkyView Pro Equatorial Mount. Equatorial mounts, commonly called EQ mounts for short, can be aligned with Polaris, the North Star, so that the attached telescope can easily follow celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky using either manual slow-motion controls or an optional electronic motor drive system (motor drive sold separately). If you’re interested in using the SkyView Pro 8 for astrophotography, you’ll need an optional motor drive to capture extended exposures of the night sky. The stalwart Orion SkyView Pro Equatorial mount and steel tube tripod provide a stable platform that’s so smooth you’ll think the telescope is floating on air.
The SkyView Pro 8 EQ Reflector telescope features a precise 2" Crayford-style focuser with a 1.25" telescope eyepiece adapter and focus lock knob. Standard accessories that come with the 8” reflector telescope include an 8x40 finder scope, two 1.25” Sirius Plossl telescope eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal lengths), collimation cap, and a dustcap for the front. The telescope even has a center mark on the 8” primary mirror for easy collimation, or alignment, of the optics. The SkyView Pro Equataorial mount features a handy tripod spreader tray that keeps the tripod stable and can hold accessories like eyepieces when they’re not being used.
|Name||Orion - SkyView Pro 8" Equatorial Reflector Telescope|
|Manufacturer Part No||ORI-09738|
|Telescope Aperture||7.1" - 8"|
|Eyepieces||Sirius Plossl 25.0mm, 10.0mm|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||58mm|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||8%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||29%|