Orion SkyView Pro 180mm GoTo Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope
Looking for something to satisfy your appetite for power? Try a big Mak! For the most demanding enthusiast, our new Orion SkyView Pro 180mm GoTo Mak-Cass Telescope sets the standard for high-power performance and compact design. With 7 inces of aperture and that long focal length Mak aficionados love, you'll get tack-sharp views and clearly defined photos with subtle detail and high contrast. And with GoTo motorized computer guidance you can automatically point the telescope to any of 42,900 celestial objects in the controller's database. Just select an object to view from the user-friendly menus on the hand controller and let GoTo do the rest!
- Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with a big 7.1" (180mm) aperture and 2,700mm focal length (f/15) excels for high-power solar system use and astrophotography
- Big aperture Maksutov-Cassegrain on a sturdy mount and tripod excels at high-power viewing and astrophotography of the planets, Moon, and compact deep space objects
- The SkyView Pro EQ mount and steel-tube tripod provides a stable platform with computerized GoTo system to find any one of 42,900 celestial objects with the push of a few buttons
- Telescope optical tube measures only 22" long and weighs less than 16 lbs. for compact portability and easy storage
- Includes 9x50 finder scope, 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepiece, 90° 1.25" prism star diagonal, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
The reason for the outstanding high-power performance is the 180mm (7.1") optical system with its 2,700mm focal length (f/15). With 44% more light grasp than the 150mm Mak, you'll get brighter images and better resolution. And the Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design produces larger images with less eyepiece magnification than other telescopes. It's the perfect combination of brightness, contrast, and definition for planets, close double-stars, clusters, and well-defined deep-sky targets.
And all that power is so easy to control! GoTo is a simple yet reliable (and very high-tech) way to control your telescope. Two stepper motors on the SkyView Pro mount power the telescope to the object you select at a brisk 3.4 degrees per second, putting it right in your eyepiece's field of view. You will enjoy more productive viewing sessions, seeing way more wonders in a single evening than you ever thought possible. The GoTo system will even take you on a guided sky tour of the best sights each month! Just do an easy initial alignment, and then you're ready to go!
The visual back accepts 1.25" telescope eyepieces and accessories, and a dovetail bracket on the rear cell accepts any Orion finder scope or EZ Finder. The dovetail rail on the underside of the tube makes it easy to remove the telescope or attach it to the mount for easier setup. Attach an Orion StarShoot Solar System Imaging Camera and you'll capture gorgeous high-resolution color images on your PC!
Power, versatility, portability — if you're a serious big Maksutov fan then this one is for you! Requires external 12-volt power or an AC adapter.
|Name||Orion - SkyView Pro 180mm GoTo Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope|
|Custom Stock Status||Ships in 3-5 Days|
|Telescope Aperture||6.1" - 7"|
|Optical Tube Length||22.5 in.|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||1.61 in.|
I even modified mine to add two fans but I just never use them. It is just good right out of the box.
I do think it works well with a binoviewer but then any scope might benefit from that. My 7" Mak is just my favorite. Happy customer,
Peter (Posted on 4/13/2016)