Orion AstroView 90mm EQ Refractor Telescope
As any telescope aficionado will tell you, the virtue of refractors lies in their pristine image quality. The only challenge to owning a refractor has always been the price: refractors cost more per inch of aperture than any other telescope design. That’s still true, but steady advances in precision lens manufacturing technology are bringing those prices down.
- A powerful, high-quality refractor telescope at a jaw-dropping low price
- 90mm (3.5") aperture and 910mm focal length for crisp views of deep-sky objects, the Moon, and planets
- Included EQ-2 adjustable tripod and equatorial mount for manual slow-motion celestial tracking
- Includes two Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), 6x30 finder scope, smooth-adjusting 1.25" rack & pinion focuser, 90-degree mirror diagonal for comfortable nighttime performance, Starry Night astronomy software, and more
- Can also be used for pleasing daytime terrestrial viewing with a correct-image diagonal (correct-image diagonal sold separately)
Way down, in the case of our remarkable Orion AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope. This impressive 90mm refractor telescope is priced to please, without compromising the quality of the optics, equatorial mount or standard accessories, we might add. This is a soundly constructed, great performing telescope that any new backyard astronomer or experienced stargazer will appreciate from the first night out.
The Orion AstroView 90mm EQ Refractor is a planetary power-performer with its 90mm aperture and 910mm focal length. Views of the planets and Moon through the f/10 AstroView 90 telescope are nothing short of spectacular. When aimed at our nearest neighbor in space, the Moon, the AstroView 90 yields tack-sharp views of the rocky lunar surface with craters and mountainous regions visible in crisp, high-contrast detail. You’ll find yourself transfixed by the rugged relief of the Moon’s surface as shadows along the terminator enchant your eyes. On a reasonably clear evening, Jupiter’s cloud banding becomes starkly visible in the AstroView 90mm EQ, as do all four of its major Galilean moons. Depending on the time of year, the Orion AstroView 90mm EQ Refractor can also provide the whole family with jaw-dropping views of Saturn and its stunning rings, not to mention glimpses of big Saturnian moon Titan.
With 90mm of aperture, the AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope can also provide great views of many deep-sky phenomena. With the 25mm Plossl eyepiece installed in the telescope to provide 36x power magnification, our namesake deep-sky object, the Orion Nebula, exhibits the four Trapezium stars as perfect blue pinpoints surrounded by a pretty patch of greenish gas. If you pop in the included 10mm eyepiece to bump up the power to 91x magnification - Wow! - the nebula will appear sprout cloudy wings, which span nearly the entire eyepiece field of view!
|Name||Orion - AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope|
|Custom Stock Status||Ships in 3-5 Days|
|Telescope Aperture||3.1" - 4"|