Orion AstroView 120ST Equatorial Refractor Telescope
Refractors have long been touted as great telescopes for studying the planets and Moon. But with its shortened focal length and generous aperture, our new Orion AstroView 120ST (for "Short Tube") Equatorial Refractor Telescope takes refractor usage to new depths—as in deep sky!
- Wonderful wide-field refractor telescope for viewing deep-sky objects with crisp resolution
- 120mm (4.7") aperture and 600mm focal length refractor provides sharp views of nebular clouds, star clusters, and galaxies
- Also capable of achieving pleasing views of the Moon and bright planets
- Includes sturdy adjustable-height tripod, equatorial mount for manual slow-motion celestial tracking and an internal polar alignment scope for precision performance
- Includes two Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), 6x30 finder scope, smooth 2" rack & pinion focuser, 90-degree mirror star diagonal, and Starry Night astronomy software
It's a compact, rich-field refractor telescope designed for observation of nebular clouds, star clusters, and even distant galaxies. The Orion AstroView 120ST EQ Refractor has the same 120mm (4.7") clear aperture as our SkyView Pro 120mm EQ refractor, but the 120ST's multi-coated achromatic objective lens has a short focal length of just 600mm (f/5) compared to 1000mm (f/8.3) for the SkyView Pro 120mm model. That translates to a 66% wider field of view for any given telescope eyepiece. With the included 25mm Plossl, the AstroView 120ST refractor covers a sprawling 2.1° swath of sky — enough to display the entire Double Cluster of Perseus, Pleiades Cluster, or North America Nebula! The fast f/5 optical system also makes the AstroView 120ST an excellent refractor telescope for wide-field astrophotography.
The Orion AstroView 120ST Equatorial Refractor Telescope has a well-baffled optical tube to ensure good contrast in your views. The cast-metal 2" rack-and-pinion focuser with included step-down 2”-to-1.25” adapter accommodates either a 1.25" or 2" diagonal, so you can use optional 2" telescope eyepieces for an even dreamier wide-field effect!
An included 6x30 finder scope lets you aim the AstroView 120ST accurately anywhere in the sky, and it features an aluminum dovetail bracket with easy, two-screw adjustment. Two included 1.25" Sirius Plossl telescope eyepieces provide good, sharp views at 24x (with the 25mm focal length eyepiece) and 60x (with the 10mm focal length eyepiece). A 90° 1.25" mirror star diagonal provides a comfortable angle at night and yields bright views. The refractor telescope optical tube measures just 26" long including the dew shield, so it earns high marks for portability.
|Name||Orion - AstroView 120ST Equatorial Refractor Telescope|
|Manufacturer Part No||ORI-09005|
|Telescope Aperture||4.1" - 5"|
|Optical Tube Length||24.5 in.|