TeleVue engineers recognized the incredible design potential and flexibility of the Petzval portrait lens as an astronomical objective. No other design type affords the freedom to, at once, correct for coma, astigmatism, field curvature, secondary spectrum, spherical aberration, and spherochromatism. The beautiful combination of highest quality materials and design innovation gives the Tele Vue-NP101 diffraction free performance across the visual spectrum. Manufacturing advances in lens finishing, including interferometric monitoring of all surfaces, and TeleVue's stringent assembly and quality control, insure consistently excellent results with every telescope.
SUMMARY of FEATURES:
- Nagler-Petzval apochromatic refractor optics: 4” (101mm) aperture, 540mm focal length, f/5.4 apochromatic four-element air-spaced optical system. ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements in both the front and rear doublets of the system provide images that are free from spurious color and other optical aberrations.
- Multicoated optics: Fully coated on all surfaces with multiple layers of antireflection materials for high light transmission and good contrast.
- 2” rack and pinion focuser: The very precise and smooth focuser has a 2” non-marring brass clamp ring with two lock knobs to hold a 2” star diagonal or other visual accessories firmly in place.
- 2” Everbrite star diagonal: The supplied 2” Everbrite mirror star diagonal has ion-deposited dielectric coatings for a very high 99% reflectivity. A non-marring brass clamp ring with two lock knobs hold 2” eyepieces firmly in place.
- 1.25” accessory adapter: The supplied 1.25” accessory adapter can be used in directly in the 2” focuser drawtube to hold 1.25” visual and photographic accessories. It can also be used in the 2” Everbrite diagonal to allow the use of 1.25” eyepieces in the 2” diagonal. A non-marring brass clamp ring hold 1.25” eyepieces and accessories firmly in place.
- Sliding captive dew shield: Slows the formation of dew on the lens to extend your undisturbed observing time. Also improves visual and photographic contrast by shielding the lens from off-axis ambient light (the neighbor’s yard light, moonlight, etc.) For transport, the retractable lens shade keeps the overall length of the optical tube to a manageable 26.1” without diagonal when it is retracted. A thread-in protective metal dust cover is standard.
- Mounting ring: The underside of the supplied ring mount has three 1/4”-20 mounting holes for direct installation of the NP-101 on a TeleVue Panoramic altazimuth mount (good performance) or a TeleVue Gibraltar altazimuth mount (better performance). They also allow you to connect the NP-101 to an appropriate optional dovetail plate for mounting the scope on an equatorial mount. A batwing handle unlocks the split mounting ring to allow the 9 pound scope to be slid fore and aft within the ring to balance it under different equipment loads.
- Finderscope mounting point: No finderscope is supplied. However, dovetail accessory mounting slots for a finderscope and other accessories (such as a piggyback camera mount) are provided on top of the scope’s ring mount.
- Carrying case: A custom foam-fitted locking hard shell case is standard. An optional soft case for airline travel is also available.
- Compatible with 10:1 Focusmate Driver (FDF-2004) for motorized, hands-free focusing.
- Five Year Warranty
|Name||TeleVue - NP101 101mm f/5.4 APO Refractor Telescope - Ivory|
|Manufacturer Part No||NPF-4056|
|Focuser||2", rack & pinion|
|Highest Useful Magnification||250X|
|Included Accessories||Screw-on lens cover, Sliding dew shield, 1 1/4" adapter, Ring Mount with (3) 1/4-20 holes and easy balance adjustment, Ivory powdercoat finish|
|Optical Coatings||multi coatings|
|Optical Design||Nagler-Petzval design|
|Optical Tube Length||26"|