THE NEW LX80 MULTI-MOUNT EASILY TRANSITIONS BETWEEN GERMAN EQUATORIAL, ALT-AZ AND DUAL OTA CONFIGURATIONS TO HANDLE ALL YOUR ASTRONOMICAL NEEDS.
Now you no longer have to make the difficult decision between the ease of setup and operation of an altazimuth mount or the versatility and long duration imaging capability of a German Equatorial Mount. Meade's new LX80 is the only mount that gives you both plus one more - three computerized GoTo mounts for the price of one.
GERMAN EQUATORIAL, ALT-AZ & DUAL OTA
The remarkable LX80 Multi-mount operates in three modes, German equatorial, single OTA altazimuth and dual OTA altazimuth. Setting up in any mode is quick and easy:
- Solid aluminum structure, with two large, tapered roller bearings.
- Carries a total payload of up to 40 pounds in EQ/Alt-Az modes and 75 pounds in dual OTA modes.
- Precision worm gear drives on both axis deliver smooth, accurate tracking. Meade's proprietary SmartDrive™ provides periodic error correction that dramatically reduces errors providing performance only available on much more expensive mounts.
- Primary and secondary OTA dovetail plates are industry-standard for maximum compatibility with all of your OTAs.
- The computerized GoTo mount is controlled with the amazing AudioStar Computer Controller with Meade's exclusive Astronomer Inside audio descriptions of the objects you are viewing.
- With large two inch diameter stainless steel legs, the all new LX80 tripod is rugged and stable. Built-in fine-tune leg levelers at the top of each leg make doing small adjustments the easiest they've ever been.
- The LX80 is available with a variety of optical tube assemblies including Meade's Schmidt-Cassegrain systems in 6, 8 and 10 inch apertures. The new Series 6000 ED Triplet APO refractors, in 80mm and 115mm apertures, Coronado SolarMax II 60 and SolarMax II 90 for H-alpha solar viewing. The LX80 is also available as mount/tripod only.
The new line of LX80s with Multi-Mount from Meade Instruments is the most innovative and versatile mid-range telescope system available anywhere.
|Name||Meade - LX80 Multi-Mount with Series 6000 115mm ED APO|
|Custom Stock Status||Ships in 3-5 Days|
|Telescope Aperture||4.1" - 5"|
|Barlow Lens||FK61 extra-low dispersion glass|
|Computer Hand Control||AutoStar Controller|
|Eyepieces||26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl|
|Latitude Range||25° to 90°|
|Material||Diecast aluminum with ABS panels|
|Mount||12 inch L x 8 inch W x 14 inch H|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Optical Design||Apochromatic Refractor|
|Power Requirements||12v DC, 5 amp power supply|
|Star Diagonal||2 inch with 99% refelctivity|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, lunar or custom selected from 2,000 incremental rates|
|Tripod||Adjustable-height tripod with 2 inch stainless steel legs. Includes fine adjustment leg levelers on each leg. Range of fine adjustment for each leg + 0.2 inch. Tripod height adjusts from 30.5 to 47 inches.|
|Viewfinder||8x50mm with crosshair reticle|