Meade is introducing the all new MAX2 Mount featuring the 20" ACF Optical Tube. This new MAX-2 Mount offers features and value not found anyplace else. Whether its for a college or research institution trying to maximize their budget, or a discerning amateur astronomer looking to expand their astrophotographic aspirations into true science, the MAX2 is the ideal platform for someone who wants a complete package for the price of competing optical tubes alone.
Over the years, Meade has always developed newer products as the technology market improves and as customers give input to their criticisms and compliments of their products. Ultra-High Transmission coatings, Coma-free, Autostar II, you name it! Meade has also blossomed in efforts to ensure their products are secure in use while still working to their expected potential. Meade’s introduction of the 20” MAX2-ACF Mount with Tripod is a breathtaking and shocking monster by itself! The company has now made a tripod and mount package with a payload of 250 pounds! Better yet, this mount package also comes with a 20” Coma-Free OTA!
- The Meade 20" MAX2-ACF Telescope is equipped with Starlock Technology
- PPEC and the AutoStar Handbox are included in the smart drives with a 14,000 object library!
- The MAX2-ACF Telescope by Meade offers fast and fabulous f/8 Advanced Coma Free optics technology topped with Ultra High Transmission Coatings.
- Carbon Fiber/Kevlar Optics Tube features electronic front focusing complete with local network and remote web control.
- The Meade MAX2-ACF supports weight maximum of 250Ib payload.
- The Meade 20" MAX2 incorporates new gearboxes, fully-disengaging worms for precise balance, new optical tube support that virtually eliminates differential flexure, and StarLock for completely automatic guiding and ultra-high precision pointing.
- Observatory-class performance
- 20" (full half meter) of aperture
- StarLock full time autoguiding with 1 arcsecond accuracy
- Ultra-High Precision Pointing
- 13.625" Drive Gears
- Clutchless, fully enveloped permanently precision loaded worm gears.
- Electronic collimation
- Internal cabling
- Local network control
- Remote web control
- ASCOM compliant
The 20” MAX2-ACF German Equatorial Mount from Meade is taking a huge step forward in amateur astronomical development. The real question is on what basis is this mount different from other mounts and what benefits does the observer get. Well, of course we could start the massive 20” OTA with an f/8 focal ratio. That is not all Meade has to offer. This substantial mount and tripod package also comes with electrical front focusing as well as collimation! The 20” MAX2-ACF has a laser aligned, fixed, and oversized primary mirror which is standard in many of Meade’s products.
While Meade has never been fully integrated into the CCD business, that is dramatically shifting. While the company doesn’t make an extensive range of CCD cameras themselves, they’ve built in many different features in their products to assist in CCD imaging. Among these, one of the most famous is the famous starlock. A computer communication from your tracking system tells the motor exactly when to stop for accurate precision.
It seems clear now that the Meade 20” MAX2-ACF Mount is one universal, astronomical cosmological stunning success, constructed right on the ground for you to use! Secure payload, well used materials, 20” OTA, Starlock, UHTC, and Coma-Free coatings, Meade you’ve done it this time!
20" Advanced Coma-Free telescopes supported by the MAX2 Robotic German Equatorial Mount with new RA & DEC drives, improved counterweight system and OTA support. All MAX2 ACF telescopes come with StarLock dual imager integrated fulltime autoguider, Ultra Precision Pointing and Assisted Drift Alignment, Meade's Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC™), Electronic Front Focusing System, Laser-Aligned, Fixed Oversized Low-Expansion Borosilicate Primary Mirror, Schott® Borofloat® Glass Corrector Plate, Diffraction Limited Optics, Electronic Collimation, Computer-Optimized Baffling, Cooling Fan, Multi-port control panels, Carbon Fiber/Kevlar Optical Tube, Built-In Anti-Dew Heater, GPS Receiver, Patented Level North (LNT) Alignment Technology, Smart Mount, Smart Drive with PPEC (Permanent Periodic Error Correction), Autostar II handbox with 144,000 object library, AutoAlign™, 24mm Series 5000 UWA Eyepiece, 2" Diagonal Mirror w/UHTC. Includes USB Cable and Autostar Suite Software. AutoStar upgrades available free at www.meade.com.
|Name||Meade - 20 " MAX2-ACF (f/8) Advance Coma-Free on MAX2 Robotic German Equatorial Mount w/AZ Pier|
|Manufacturer Part No||MEA-2008-MAX-12|
|Telescope Aperture||16.1" and Up|