The LS60/Ha (hydrogen alpha) Solar Telescope is a refractor based system which features a precision aligned singlet chromatical lens with a 60mm aperture. The front singlet lens reduces by half the stray light of an achromat , fully eleminates the possibility for on-axis coma, astigmatism, or decentering aberrations and provides, with the matched collimation lens set, a full spherical corrected flat-field Solar-Telescope. The focal length is 500mm providing a ~4.5 mm image thru a B600(6mm) Blocking Filter. Fine adjustment is achieved with a dual speed Starlight Instruments focuser with 10:1 reduction. An internal Etalon, optimized at 656.28nm, with tune adjustment +0.0/-0.4 Angstroms, allows for a <0.75 Angstrom bandpass.
With the addition of a secondary front mounted interference filter and the upgrade of the rear trimming filter, the visual package quickly becomes a superb visually enhanced instrument with the ability to also image the Sun utilizing basic camera equipment.
Adding the front filter provides a view of the Sun in virtual 3D. An active ball of churning boiling gasses that spew from the surface in what can be violent eruptions. Cause and effect can be viewed and imaged in real time.
- Single stack mode will achieve a bandpass of ~0.75 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Double stack mode will have a bandpass of ~0.55 Angstroms @ 656nm
Its clam shell mounting ring (compatible with most tripods), stylized white pearl paint, anodized black trim, and included foam lined hard case are all part of this amazing Lunt Solar Telescope System.
BLOCKING FILTERS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL LUNT SOLAR SYSTEMS. Lunt Solar Systems currently offers 4 blocking filter apertures for use with their Etalon systems. The Blocking Filter houses additional filters which are required for the safety and performance of the solar package. Lunt Solar blocking filters contain a unique filter system. Lunt will only warranty safety or performance when a Lunt blocking filter is paired with a Lunt H-alpha filter or telescope.
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS60THaDS50 Double-Stack 60mm H-Alpha Telescope is a custom designed 60mm singlet refractor with a focal length of 500mm.
- The LS60THaDS50 model comes double-stacked with a 50mm external etalon from the factory so that you can be assured of the best possible resolution and contrast.
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS60THaDS50 Hydrogen-Alpha Refractor Telescope includes a 6mm blocking filter that provides a ~4.5mm solar image, and a 2" Starlight Instruments focuser.
- Use the Lunt double-stacked LS60THa in Single-Stack mode for prominence viewing or in Double-Stack mode for surface detail!
- Factory matched etalon system, with 60mm internal etalon and 50mm unobstructed etalon.
- Use of unobstructed etalons.
- Infra-red deflecting window to eliminate unwanted heat.
- Optimized collimating system for true collimation, coma correction and off-axis reduction.
- Induced Transmission Filter for long term safety, durability and performance.
LS60T50DS/B600/C Features: (double stacked)
- Type: Dual Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Tilt
- Aperture: 60mm (Scope) 50mm (Filter)
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: 8.3
- Bandpass: <0.5 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: Starlight Instruments with 10:1 fine adjustment
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B600 Blocking Filter (included)
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 6.6lbs (Scope) 2.5lbs (Filter)
- Skill level: Intermediate thru advanced
|Name||Lunt - 60mm H-alpha Solar-Telescope with Double Stacked 50 Etalon System, B600 Blocking Filter and 2" Feather Touch Focuser|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|
|Custom Stock Status||Available - Ships in 3-5 Days|
|Telescope Aperture||3" and Under|
|Bandwidth||<0.55Å double stacked, <0.75Å single stacked|
|Collimation Cap||Optimized lens system|
|Focal Length||500 mm|
|Focal Ratio||f / 8.3|
|Objective||60mm singlet chromatical|
|Optical Coatings||Hi contrast multi|
|Star Diagonal||Lunt w/blocking filter|