Up to 60 FPS
With 60 FPS (frames per second), The IMAGING SOURCE DFK 21AU618.AS Color USB astronomy camera with an IR cut filter is the fastest within its category. It is ideally suited to color astrophotography, in which very fast image sequences are desired. The camera ships with IC Capture.AS, a comprehensive software package with which you can capture lossless and uncompressed images sequences and write them to disk as AVI files, or as a series of singular bitmaps.
For visualization applications, it does not make sense to view the RAW image stream from the CCD chip. It must be interpolated, before it may be viewed or saved in common formats. IC Capture.ASperform color interpolation, thus reducing the load on the DFK 21AU618.AS's processor. Should, on the other hand, you prefer that the camera itself performs color interpolation, you can select the appropriate option in IC Capture.AS. This enables the transfer of data to reach the camera's maximum of 60 FPS. Finally, if you do not require color interpolation at all, you can turn it off completely and the image stream is written to disk in RAW format.
Sony ICX618AQA 1/4 " CCD Chip
The DFK 21AU618.AS ships with the color Sony ICX618AQA progressive scan CCD chip. With its 1/4 " format, the CCD chip produces a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. Even at very long exposure times - up to 60 minutes exposure are possible - noise is minimal. Thanks to this extremely high quality, the Sony ICX618AQA CCD chip is also often used in other scientific, industrial and medical image processing applications.
IR Cut Filter As Standard
Unlike the human eye, CCD chips are sensitive to near infrared light (wavelengths over 700 nm). The DFK 21AU618.AS ships with an IR cut filter as standard and is thus suited to applications in which these wavelengths would lead to interference or undesirable results.
High Speed Data Transfer Via USB
In order to transfer the vast amount of data created by the stream of uncompressed and lossless color images to the host PC, you need a very high speed bus. Hence, the DFK 21AU618.AS is fitted with a fast USB connector.
The DFK 21AU618.AS ships with the device driver IC WDM UVCCAM TIS and the camera control and image acquisition application IC Capture.AS. Both of these run on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit).
Software for Mac OS and Linux is available from third parties.
- 1/4 " CCD, Sony ICX618AQA (progressive scan).
- Resolution 640 x 480 pixels.
- Up to 60 FPS and 60 minutes exposure.
- C/CS mount.
- Software included.
- High G sensitivity ( + 4.5dB compared with the ICX098BQ, + 2.5dB compared with the ICX614AQA)
- High saturation signal ( + 4.0dB compared with the ICX098BQ, + 2.0dB compared with the ICX614AQA)
- Low smear ( 8.0dB )
- Progressive scan enables individual readout of the image signals from all pixels.
- Square pixel Supports VGA format Horizontal drive frequency : Supports 24.54 MHz No voltage adjustments (Reset gate and substrate bias need no adjustment.)
- R, G, B primary color mosaic filters on chip
- High resolution, high color reproducibility, high sensitivity, low dark current
- Continuous variable-speed shutter
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- Horizontal register : 3.3V drive 14-pin high accuracy plastic package
|Name||Imaging Source - DFK21 Sony ICX618AQA USB Color CCD Camera|
|Manufacturer||Imaging Source Astronomy Cameras|
|Custom Stock Status||Available - Ships in 3-5 Days|
|CCD Sensor||Sony - ICX618|