Extremely High Resolution of 1600 x 1200 Pixels
With its extremely high resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels, The IMAGING SOURCE DFK 51AU02.AS Color USB astronomy camera with an IR cut filter is ideally suited to capture detailed images of the night sky, which demand the finest precision. The camera ships with IC Capture.AS, a comprehensive software package with which you can capture lossless and uncompressed images sequences and write them to disk as AVI files, or as a series of singular bitmaps.
For visualization applications, it does not make sense to view the RAW image stream from the CCD chip. It must be interpolated, before it may be viewed or saved in common formats. IC Capture.ASperform color interpolation, thus reducing the load on the DFK 51AU02.AS's processor. Should, on the other hand, you prefer that the camera itself performs color interpolation, you can select the appropriate option in IC Capture.AS. This enables the transfer of data to reach the camera's maximum of 12 FPS. Finally, if you do not require color interpolation at all, you can turn it off completely and the image stream is written to disk in RAW format.
Sony ICX274AQ 1/1.8 " CCD Chip
The DFK 51AU02.AS ships with the color Sony ICX274AQ progressive scan CCD chip. With its 1/1.8 " format, the CCD chip produces a resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels. Even at very long exposure times - up to 60 minutes exposure are possible - noise is minimal. Thanks to this extremely high quality, the Sony ICX274AQ CCD chip is also often used in other scientific, industrial and medical image processing applications.
IR Cut Filter As Standard
Unlike the human eye, CCD chips are sensitive to near infrared light (wavelengths over 700 nm). The DFK 51AU02.AS ships with an IR cut filter as standard and is thus suited to applications in which these wavelengths would lead to interference or undesirable results.
High Speed Data Transfer Via USB
In order to transfer the vast amount of data created by the stream of uncompressed and lossless color images to the host PC, you need a very high speed bus. Hence, the DFK 51AU02.AS is fitted with a fast USB connector.
The DFK 51AU02.AS ships with the device driver IC WDM UVCCAM TIS and the camera control and image acquisition application IC Capture.AS. Both of these run on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit).
Software for Mac OS and Linux is available from third parties.
- 1/1.8 " CCD, Sony ICX274AQ (progressive scan).
- Resolution 1600 x 1200 pixels.
- Up to 12 FPS and 60 minutes exposure.
- C/CS mount.
- Software included.
- Interline CCD image sensor
- High horizontal and vertical resolution
- Supports progressive scan mode (with/without mechanical shutter)2/8-line readout mode2/4-line readout mode2-line addition modeCenter scan modes (1), (2) and (3)AF modes (1) and (2)• Square pixel• Horizontal drive frequency: 28.6364MHz (typ.), 36.0MHz (max.)
- Reset gate bias are not adjusted• R, G, B primary color mosaic filters on chip
- High sensitivity, low dark current
- Continuous variable-speed shutter function
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- 20-pin high-precision plastic package
- Silicon substrate material
- Image size: Diagonal 8.923mm (Type 1/1.8)
- Chip size: 8.50mm (H) × 6.80mm (V)
- 2.11M Pixels (1688 (H) × 1248 (V) )
|Name||Imaging Source - DFK51 Sony ICX274AQ USB Color CCD Camera|
|Manufacturer||Imaging Source Astronomy Cameras|
|Manufacturer Part No||DFK 51AU02.AS|
|CCD Sensor||Sony - ICX274|