- Holds eight 36mm drop in filters for un-vignetted imaging at any f/ratio with the ST-8300 or ST-4000XM cameras.
- Small footprint: 6.3 x 8.1 inches.
- Thin design - adds only 20mm backfocus (Total backfocus for ST-8300 with CFW8-8300 is 38mm).
- Allows the use of an optional Nikon lens adapter with the filter wheel.
- Uses the cameras' I2C port for power and commands. No additional cable to computer or power supply is required.
- Inserts are available for 1.25" filters.
Production of the new FW8-8300 begins next month (September) and we are now taking orders for this filter wheel. The 8-position filter wheel is only about an inch larger in width and length than the 5-position wheel. It is the same thickness as the 5-position wheel and has the same front cover design so that any accessories, such as the Nikon lens adapter, will work with either filter wheel. Complete LRGB and narrowband filter sets in 36mm size by Baader Planetarium and Astrodon are available from SBIG. Baader Planetarium and Astrodon also offer complete photometric filter sets, in 1.25" size. SBIG offers optional inserts for the FW8-8300 and FW5-8300 filter carousels that will accommodate 1.25" filters if required.
|Name||SBIG - Eight-Position Filter Wheel for ST-8300|
|Manufacturer||Santa Barbara Instrument Group (SBIG)|
|Manufacturer Part No||FW8-8300|