Explore Scientific ED102 Air Spaced Carbon Fiber Triplet Refractor Telescope
- ED102 f/7 Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor in Carbon Fiber with Retractable Dew Shield
- Push/Pull Collimation Cell
- Two-Speed Focuser
- Deluxe Case
- 99% Reflective 2-inch Diagonal
- Cradle Rings with Handle
- Vixen-Style Dovetail
- ---Finder Scope is NOT Included!
Explore ED127 Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor Highlights…
- Tube assemblies are available in carbon fiber
- Air-Spaced Apochromatic Triplets…true APO optics
- Diffraction limited at .25PV or better
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter.
- Contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly. While refractors seldom require additional collimation after initial factory adjustment, the lens cell design allows for consumer collimation. Sending off to the factory is an option, but is not required.
- Included 2" diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings.
- To attach your Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
- All Explore Scientific products come with a STAR Extended-Life-of-the-Product Warranty. Upon registration, this product will be under warranty for as long as it is manufactured, plus five years.
The Critical Element: Optics
Explore Scientific uses ED (Extra-low Dispersion) FCD1 (Dense Fluor Crown) glass developed and manufactured by Hoya Optical of Japan. Using the right glass with the appropriate properties enables the production of lenses that offer superior sharpness and color correction.
The optics used in Explore Scientific ED Air-Spaced Triplet refractors are truly diffraction-limited at .25PV or better. As a privilege of ownership, those who wish to obtain a copy of their interferometric data can request it up to 90 days after registration of their ED Triplet telescope by contacting the Explore Scientific Customer Service Department.
2" 99% Reflective Dielectric-Coated Diagonal
Provided as standard equipment, Explore Scientific's 2", 99% Reflective, Dielectric-Coated Diagonal incorporates a light-weight, one-piece diagonal body that securely cradles the precision polished diagonal flat mirror, insuring precision alignment.
EMD (Enhanced Multi-layer Deposition) Coatings eliminates light scatter and maintains high image contrast. This proprietary coating is applied to all Explore Scientific lenses in multiple layers for added durability.
Contrast is further enhanced by the installation of multiple baffles in the optical tube that mask and deflect unwanted stray light.
FULLY TRANSFERRABLE, UNLIMITED FOREVER WARRANTY!
EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC branded products are under warranty forever, and this warranty is transferrable from owner-to-owner as long as the product is registered with EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC.
This Transferrable Unlimited Lifetime Warranty covers any problem no matter what the cause. In addition, this new warranty supersedes and is retroactive for EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC branded products that are already serving in the field, provided they are registered with us.
That means that no matter what the cause of the problem, no matter if you are the second or the 20th owner, we will take care of your EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC branded product without any repair or replacement fees. For more info watch the following video by Mr.Scott Roberts, Founder of Explore Scientific.
|Name||Explore Scientific - ED102 Air Spaced Carbon Fiber Triplet Refractor Telescope|
|Custom Stock Status||Available - Ships in 3-5 Days|
|Telescope Aperture||3.1" - 4"|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12.5|
|Optical Coatings||EMD (Enhanced Multilayer Deposition) Coatings|
|Optical Design||Air-Spaced Triplet ED Apochromatic Refractor|
|Optical Tube||Carbon Fiber; Aluminum; Stainless Steel|
|Optical tube diameter||120mm|
|Optical Tube Length||26" w/ dew shield; 23.75" w/ out dew shield|
|Optical Tube Weight||7 lb|
|Viewfinder||Quick Release Shoe for Finder Bracket Included. Finder and finder rings sold separately|
|Warranty||Explore STAR Transferrable Unlimited Lifetime Product Warranty|