CELESTRON - 11" Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph with CGEM DX Mount (11006)
.....A COMPLETE, NO-NONSENSE ASTRO-IMAGING PACKAGE TO RIVAL ANYTHING AVAILABLE TODAY !
Capturing impressive deep-sky astroimages is easier than ever with Celestron’s new Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph, the perfect companion to today’s top DSLR or astronomical CCD cameras. This fast, wide-field f/2.2 system offers two huge advantages over traditional f/10 astroimaging: better apparent tracking and shorter exposures. That means you’ll create better-looking astroimages in a fraction of the time, even without the use of an autoguider.The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph builds on the legacy of Celestron’s Schmidt Camera, the appearance of which made it possible for astrophotographers to produce images on film in the 1970s.
Today, with CCD sensor sizes as large as film—or larger—the Schmidt Astrograph offers a full 70 mm optimized image circle to capture pinpoint stars on the largest imaging chips. Combine this large image circle with a focal length of just 620 mm and you have an instrument suitable for wide-field imaging, creating huge mosaics of the night sky.
The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph features newly designed optics with 4-element rare-earth glass for images free of false color and aberrations like coma and field curvature. The optical quality and spot size across the entire image circle is unprecedented for an astrograph in this price range—or even that of a much more expensive instrument. The design also provides minimal vignetting. Note: Photos above show the (L) new Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt design and the (R) classical Schmidt-Cassegrain design.
Advanced features like a custom engineered linear brass focuser bearing and FeatherTouch Micro Focus Knob allow you to make the fine adjustments you need to capture the perfect shot. Meanwhile, a 12V MagLev fan reduces cool-down time and provides optimal air flow through the dust filtered optical tube. Engineered as a complete astroimaging system, every component of the Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph is optimized for peak performance with DSLR and astronomical CCD cameras. Down to the thickness of the glass used in the fully-multicoated optical window or an optional imaging filter, every component of the system has been taken into careful consideration to work together seamlessly.
PAIRED WITH CELESTRON’S CGEM DX MOUNT
If you want to carry Celestron’s Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph, you’ll need the serious stability of CGEM DX. This heavy-duty mount offers all the great features of our classic CGEM mount, with additional payload capacity and the ability to slew up to 50 lbs. at speeds of up to 5 degrees per second. The CGEM DX also offers extra large, 3-inch tripod legs for rigidity. With all that support, you can make the most of your Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph for visual observing or astroimaging.
CELESTRON'S ROWE-ACKERMANN SCHMIDT ASTROGRAPH FEATURES:
- 11-inch f/2.2 optical design with rare-earth glass for images free of false color, coma, and field curvature
- 70 mm optimized image circle maintains pinpoint stars to the far corners of even the largest astroimaging sensors
- Custom engineered linear brass focuser bearing reduces image shift, while dual-speed 10:1 FeatherTouch Micro Focus Knob provides the most precise focusing
- Quiet, high-output 12V MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and blocks dust
- Common camera adapters (T-thread and M48) included for easy attachment to popular CCD and DSLR cameras
CELESTRON'S CGEM DX COMPUTERIZED MOUNT FEATURES:
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 50 lbs
- CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Ultra sturdy 2.75" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
|Name||Celestron - Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph 11" Telescope with CGEM DX Mount|
|Manufacturer Part No||CEL-11006|
|Telescope Aperture||10.1" - 12"|
|Backfocus Distance||69.26mm from front lens|
|Focuser||Feather Touch micro fine|
|Included Accessories||42mm T-thread, 48mm camera adapter|
|Mount||Computerized German Equatorial|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Design||Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt|
|Optical tube diameter||11 inch|
|Optical Tube Length||33"|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.41 arc seconds|