CELESTRON • Omni XLT 120mm Refractor Optical Tube Only • 21090-1
The Celestron Omni XLT 120 Telescope offers even more brightness and aperture than its sibling XLT 102-it is a superb 4.7" refractor for the price, complete with Celestron's StarBright XLT coatings. The Omni XLT 120's excellent and contrasty images are appealing for observation, and the scope's also ready for some imaging duty, too. The focuser is the larger 2" size, to allow you to take advantage of some delicious wide field star viewing should you ever upgrade to an optional 2" diagonal and longer 2" eyepiece. Unlike altazimuth-mounted scopes, the Omni XLT's quite viable for astrophotography; it has a T-mount adapter, and when augmented with the optional dual axis motor and polar axis finder can achieve brilliantly sharp long-exposure images of the faint objects such as nebulae.
- High quality optics start with each lens and mirror being hand selected so only the finest grade of optical glass is used
- StarBright XLT coatings provide maximized light transmission
- 25 mm multi-coated eyepiece - 20 mm eye relief, 50° FOV.25" plus 1.25" Star Diagonal
- 120mm (4.72") aperture and limiting stellar magnitude of 12.9, plus 0.97 arc seconds of resolving power, coupled with a 1000mm focal length and focal ratio of f/8.3 presents an image with virtually no spherical abberation.
- Rack and pinion focuser: 2” focuser, with 1.25” eyepiece adapter. The 1.25” adapter has external T-threads that let you connect a 35mm camera to the scope for prime focus photography using an optional T-ring with no other camera adapter required. Dual focusing knobs with rubber gripping surfaces for precise image control with either hand. The large 2" focuser barrel accepts optional 2" diagonals, eyepieces, and direct imaging accessories.
- Star diagonal: 90° viewing angle prism-type 1.25” star diagonal with fully multi-coated mirror.
- Finderscope: 6 x 30mm straight-through achromatic design, StarBright multi-coated optics, with a 7° field of view.
- Multi-coated optics: Fully coated on all surfaces with multiple layers of anti-reflection materials for maximum light transmission and excellent contrast.
- Lens cap/aperture stop: A protective lens cap is provided to cover the objective lens of the telescope and keep it dust-free when the scope is not in use. The lens cap has a built-in aperture stop in the center. When observing the Moon and planets, leaving the lens cap on the telescope with the aperture stop removed will reduce chromatic aberration (the faint halo of violet light or “spurious color” visible around very bright objects inherent in all achromatic refractor telescopes). The lens cap should always be completely removed when observing faint deep sky objects such as nebulas and galaxies, where full aperture is essential and chromatic aberration is not problematic. But objects requiring high power and high contrast – globular clusters, close binary star pairs, lunar and planetary images, will delight and amaze you!
- Tube ring mounts: The scope’s optical tube fits into a set of felt-lined split and hinged tube rings that are bolted to a (Vixen style) dovetail bar.
OPTIONAL: This XLT 120 Optical Tube Assembly can be mounted to most all CGEMs / Tripods via its Vixen style dovetail bar, however, it is best matched to Celestron's CG-4 Equatorial Mount (product #91509). This mount can be further up-graded toCelestron's Dual-axis Motor Drive/ Drive Corrector (#93522) - essential for astrophotography. An optional Polar Axis Finder (#94223) is also available to increase the accuracy of your alignment.
* NOTE: IMAGES ABOVE MAY PARTIALLY SHOW THE OPTIONAL CELESTRON CG-4 EQUATORIAL MOUNT ( #91509 ) *
This Scope is an OPTICAL TUBE ASSEMBLY ONLY (OTA) , but does come with an Eypiece, a Star Diagonal, a 6x30 Finderscope, Tube Mounting Rings, and a 2 inch Helical Focuser
|Name||Celestron - Omni XLT 120 OTA|
|Custom Stock Status||Available - Ships in 3-5 Days|
|Telescope Aperture||4.1" - 5"|
|Angular Field of View||1.25 deg|
|Computer Hand Control|
|Eyepiece 1 Field of View||50 °|
|Finderscope||6 x 30|
|Focal Length||1000 mm (39")|
|Focuser||Rack and Pinion|
|Highest Useful Magnification||283 x|
|Light Gathering Power||294 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12.9|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||66 ft (20m)|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||17 x|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||1016 mm (40")|
|Optical Tube Weight||12.5 lbs|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.97 arc sec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.16 arc sec|
|Star Diagonal||1.25 "|