Celestron CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount with Tripod
The Celestron CGEM Mount is an excellent equatorial mount for intermediate to mid-advanced astrophotography. With a CGEM Computerized Mount has a 40 Ib payload which can accommodate sizable telescopes like the Celestron’s 11” Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assemblies. The CGEM has a maximum slewing rate is 5° per second which is a bonus for visual observers who want to view as many objects as possible in a specific night. There are five different alignment procedures, but the most famous and recommended is the All-Star alignment. After slewing to a star, the user can adjust the altitude and azimuth knobs to precisely align the telescope to the north celestial pole, thereby polar aligning the mount quickly and easily. The CGEM also features Solar System Alignment allowing you to use the Sun or Moon to align your mount. Once aligned properly, the observer has a 40,000 object database to slew to via the NexStar Hand Controller. 200 of these objects have additional educational information and there is room for 100 user defined objects as well. The optional GPS SkySync Accessory will give your CGEM mount the power of GPS automated location making your alignment procedure even easier.
Sporting a highly efficient motor drive system, the CGEM EQ mount includes periodic error correction and slow slewing rates by using encoders in drive motors, making the CGEM an excellent choice for the aspiring astro photographer. Tracking is accurate and motion is smooth for those long exposures. There is a RJ-12 modular jack and ST-4 guide port and a RS-232 connection on the hand controller to control the mount to a PC.
The Celestron CGEM EQ Mount is the standard mount used in the 800, 925, and 1100HD telescopes.
Celestron CGEM Mount Features:
- 40 Ib payload (can carry an 11" SC-type OTA)
- 5° per second maximum slewing rate
- All-Star polar alignment
- 40,000 object database on NexStar hand controller
- Flash upgradeable firmware. Keep your hand controller and motors updated with simple downloads.
- Simple meridian settings for north or south of the equator
- Tandem mode lets you star align even with two telescopes mounted
- Steel worm gear and brass 90mm pitch worm wheel for lasting performance
- Internal wiring keeps your set up clutter free and easy to transport
- Autoguide and auxiliary ports for your imaging accessories
- RS-232 port on the hand controller for computer control of your CGEM mount (cable sold separately). Include NexRemote control software.
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
The CGEM mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Regular Price: $3,499.00
Special Price: $3,099.00
Regular Price: $3,999.00
Special Price: $3,499.00
Regular Price: $2,499.00
Special Price: $2,199.00
|Name||Celestron - CGEM Equatorial Computerized Mount|
|Manufacturer Part No||CEL-91526|
|Alignment Procedures||AutoAlign, 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Counterweights||1 x 17 lbs|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
|Latitude Range||15° to 70°|
|Motor Drive||Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes|
|Mount Weight||41 lbs|
|Payload Capacity||40 lbs|
|Power Requirements||Car battery adapter 12 VDC 3.2 Amps|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds|
|Software Precision||24 bit, 0.08 calculation|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|