CELESTRON - Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD Telescope and AVX Computerized Mount (12031)
Advanced VX 8” EdgeHD: truly the ultimate entry-level astroimaging package. This package combines the groundbreaking new Advanced VX mount with Celestron’s best optics, the EdgeHD optical system. This setup offers the astroimager maximum versatility – allowing up to 3 different f-stop configurations. Users can attach a camera to the rear of the telescope and shoot at f/10, or attach our 8-inch focal reducer (coming soon) and shoot at f/7. Additionally, EdgeHD is Fastar/Hyperstar compatible, giving imagers the option to shoot at ultra-fast f/2. No matter which configuration you choose, EdgeHD technology gives you pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of the CCD sensor. With an 8-inch optical tube and our portable Advanced VX mount, this setup can be easily transported and assembled by one person. You’ll also have plenty of load capacity to attach your camera and other accessories. This setup is simple enough for a beginner to use, but can also provide years of enjoyment for sophisticated astroimagers.
About the Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
- 8” (2032mm) f/10 Edge HD includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- Edge HD optical design fully corrects for coma and field curvature, delivering a truly flat field
- Built-in tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filters allow hot air to be released behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible tube comes with removable secondary mirror for fast f/2.8 imaging
- 9x50 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Engineered from the ground up with astroimaging in mind, the new Advanced VX series from Celestron sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes. Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope (30 lbs. and under) can take advantage of all the features of our larger telescope mounts. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features a significantly larger base than our previous design, improving stability under heavy loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can hande slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. Or, if you’re new to imaging, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
|Name||Celestron - Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD Telescope *|
|Manufacturer Part No||CEL-12031|
|Telescope Aperture||7.1" - 8"|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align|
|Aperture||203 mm (7.99 in)|
|Counterweights||1 x 11 lbs|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Eyepiece 1||40 mm (1.57 in)|
|Focal Length||2032 mm (80 in)|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
|Height||Max: 64" in (1626 mm) Min:44" in (1118 mm)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480 x|
|Latitude Range||7-77 deg|
|Light Gathering Power||841 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29 x|
|Optical Tube Length||17" in (432 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||13 lbs (5.9 kg)|
|Power Requirements||12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)|
|Power Supply||Car battery adapter|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|