- ED Objective Lenses: Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass minimizes chromatic aberration, providing accurate color reproduction, increased resolution and contrast.
- Fully Multi-Coated Optics: Maximum light transmission through the optical path for brighter images.
- Extremely Wide Field of View: Allows the user to quickly acquire the subject being viewed. Larger viewing area makes it easier to follow subjects when they move.
- BaK-4 Prisms w/ Phase and Dielectric Coatings: Increases light transmission through the prism system for brighter images. Increases contrast and resolution.
- Open hinge design w/magnesium alloy body: Ergonomic open hinge design with a lightweight, durable magnesium frame that is easy to hold. Easy to use for extended periods of time and carry on long excursions. Simple operation even with one hand.
- 8.2’ Close Focus: Detailed, up close observation of subjects in close proximity. Ideal for watching birds, insects, plants, etc.
- Metal Twist-Up Eyecups: Twist-up eyecup for correct positioning of the users eyes for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses. Granite's metal design is more durable than plastic.
- Tripod adaptable: Attach the binocular to a tripod for extended viewing sessions.
Pinnacle of Optical Design
Celestron Granite Series Roof Prism Binoculars are the pinnacle of optical and mechanical design. Granite offers all the features you’d expect from a top-of-the-line binocular, including ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass. The ED objective lenses and fully multi-coated optics provide excellent sharpness and color correction, while virtually eliminating chromatic aberration. Granite also features BaK-4 prisms with dielectric and phase coating to increase light transmission and overall image quality.
As the name implies, Granite binoculars are made to withstand the test of time. They are constructed from magnesium, which is tougher and lighter than aluminum. Granite also features metal—not plastic—twist-up eyecups.
Joining the beloved Granite series is the 9x33 model. This new model provides an excellent balance between performance and comfort, weighing just 20 ounces. The 9x33 provides a wider field of view compared to 42mm binoculars, making them an excellent choice for travel, sports and outdoor activities.
- Bird Watching
- Sporting Events
- Wildlife and Nature Viewing
- Travel and Outdoors
- Astronomical Viewing
|Name||Celestron - Granite ED 9x33 Binocular|
|Custom Stock Status||Available - Ships in 3-5 Days|
|In The Box||Celestron 9x33 Granite Binoculars Neck Strap Harness Strap Objective Lens Caps Rainguard Carrying Case Lens Cloth|
|Exit Pupil||3.6mm mm (0.14 in)|
|Eye Relief||14.1 mm (0.56 in)|
|Field of View - Apparent||7.2 °|
|Included Accessories||Neck strap, harness strap, objective lens caps, rainguard, carrying case, lens cloth, instruction manual|
|IPD Max||73,, mm (2.87 in)|
|IPD Min||56mm mm (2.2 in)|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||378ft|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 m)||126m|
|Material||Nitrogen Filled (Fog Proof)|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Twilight Factors||17 x|
opportunity for me to thoroughly field-test
the Celestron 7x33 and 9x33 Granite ED Binoculars. The Granite line of
Celestron binoculars features ED,
for extra low dispersion glass, to bring all colors in sharp focus with
virtually no detectable chromatic aberration
and the highest degree of color accuracy. For a birder or anyone who
watches or studies wildlife and nature, this
quality of view is imperative to see the field markings and details for
identifying correctly. Color accuracy with ED
glass also just makes more strikingly true-to-life visual experience.
Clearly seeing the yellow streaks on a Savannah Sparrow's
eyebrows and noting the rich variations in color on a Great Blue Heron's
plumage from pale yellow to steel blue made these
Granites a winner in color rendition, and proved again, gleaning that
extra color detail makes all the difference for the most
The 7x33 gives a sweeping 9.1 degree field of view (fov), which was
perfect for making discoveries while scanning for shorebirds along the
perimeter of the estuary. Elusive birds wading at the edge of the salt
marsh, like Willets and Killdeers were easy to spot and follow with this
big view. This extra wide view also proved useful watching Western
Grebes speed amazingly fast over the surface. If your watching nature in
action, especially birds in flight, the 9.1 degree (fov) is perfect. A
Striped Mullet (fish) surprised me with multiple leaps into the air as I
was scanning the bay for waterfowl.
The 9x33 also had its moments, especially when watching some of the
smaller residents of Bolsa Chica, like Say's Phoebe and an American
Kestrel perched high on the surrounding brush.
With a 7.2 degree field of view, the 9x33 still offers a comfortable
view with extra magnification good for raptors and smaller targets at a
Both the 7x33 and 9x33 binoculars are extremely light for such big
performers, at 21.2 oz and 20.1 oz respectively, so if you are planning
a safari or any nature travel, these are a excellence choice for someone
who is concerned with weight when packing their gear. The open bridge
body of these binoculars makes them feel even lighter as you can wrap
your hand around them.
Some other added pluses are good close focus with 6.5 ft with the 7x33
and 8.2 ft with the 9x33. Captive objective lens caps you'll never lose
and you even get a bino-suspender system along with the package if you
need to carry the binoculars for long periods-taking the weight off your
neck. For quick out of the box enjoyment a comfort strap comes already
attached-it doesn't get any better than that! Last but not least-great
price-point- an excellent value for such high optical quality. Highly
Jeff (Posted on 11/9/2013)
In the Box
Objective Lens Caps