Try out the new Beta version of the new drivers!
This Color version of Atiks' 420 CCD series is the first camera in its class to offer high performance fully regulated cooling, low power consumption and narrow body all in one. It is particularly well suited for Prime Focus Imaging with 6 and 8 inch HyperStar and Fastar systems, where the narrow body heat dissipation characteristics make a difference, or with short focal length refractors which benefit from a very fast, high definition wide field of view. The Atik 4-Series cameras are a development of the 3-Series cameras, featuring a narrower body. These are particularly suitable if the camera is to be placed in front of the telescope in HyperStar or Fastar systems, as well as on custom-designed systems that need a narrow-bodied CCD camera. The cameras feature setpoint cooling to make taking matching dark frames a snap, and simple 12V power requirement to facilitate field operation. And without the price tag.
The Atik 420 CCD camera comes with Atik’s renowned Capture application which provides a simple and intuitive yet powerful way to acquire images. Tools include a focus assistance readout, image sequencer, guide camera control and integration with Atik filter wheels. Capture takes the stress out of imaging, making your time at the telescope more enjoyable. If you require compatibility with other software there are plug-ins for MaxIm DL, Astroart and CCDSoft, as well as a full ASCOM driver.
Also included is Dawn, Atik’s new image-processing software. In following with Atiks' camera build philosophy, Dawn was designed from the ground up to be powerful yet easy to use. It allows a sequence of image-processing steps to be represented in the form of a pictorial workflow which can be created with a few mouse clicks and can then be executed very easily for fast professional results
The Sony ICX274 Interline CCD Chip
The ICX274AL is a diagonal 8.923mm (Type 1/1.8) interline CCD solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array and 2.01M effective pixels. Progressive scan allows all pixels' signals to be output independently within approximately 1/15 second, and output is also possible using various addition and pulse elimination methods.
This chip features an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time which makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter. Further, high sensitivity and low dark current are achieved through the inclusion of Super HAD CCD technology.
- High horizontal and vertical resolution with square pixels
- Supports the following modes: Progressive scan mode (with/without mechanical shutter) - 2/8-line readout mode - 2/4-line readout mode - 2-line addition mode - Center scan modes (1), (2) and (3) - AF modes (1) and (2)
- Horizontal drive frequency: 28.6364MHz (typ.), 36.0MHz (max.)
- Reset gate bias need no adjustment
- High sensitivity, low dark current
- Continuous variable-speed shutter function
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- 20-pin high-precision plastic package
- Image size : Diagonal 8.923mm (Type 1/1.8)
- Total number of pixels : 1688 (H) × 1248 (V) approx. 2.11M pixels
- Number of effective pixels : 1628 (H) × 1236 (V) approx. 2.01M pixels
- Number of active pixels : 1620 (H) × 1220 (V) approx. 1.98M pixels
- Recommended number of recording pixels : 1600 (H) × 1200 (V) approx. 1.92M pixels
- Chip size : 8.50mm (H) × 6.80mm (V)
- Unit cell size : 4.40μm (H) × 4.40μm (V)
- Optical black : Horizontal (H) direction: Front 12 pixelμs, rear 48 pixels
- Number of dummy bits : Horizontal 28 - Vertical 1
- Substrate material : Silicon
The SONY monochrome ICX-274 CCD sensor
|Name||ATIK - 420 CCD Camera - Sony ICX-274 Color Sensor|
|Manufacturer Part No||ATK0093|
|ADC (analog to digital converter)||16 bit|
|Cooling||Termoelectric set point with max ΔT=-30°C|
|Exposure Lenght (Min)||1/1000 s|
|Exposure Length (Max)||Unlimited|
|Pixel Size||4.4 µM x 4.4 µM|
|Power Supply||12v DC 1A|
|Read Noise||4e- typical value|
|Resolution (Horizontal)||1620 pixels|
|Resolution (Vertical)||1220 pixels|
|Sensor Type||CCD - Sony ICX-274|