ASTRONOMIK - 31mm LRGB Type 2c Filter Set - Unmounted
These filters provide a natural color reproduction of planets, stars, emission- and reflection nebulas. The transmission properties of the L-RGB Typ 2c filters are optimized for CCD astrophotography. The set allows to take images in correct color for all types of objects. Where other brands make strange compromises, we do the best color reproduction possible. Both stars as well as objects that emit only in spectral lines, are reproduced in their true colors. You get CCD images with perfect colors, as if the objects where bright enough to be seen with photopic vision. This feature is the main difference between Astronomik filters an those of other manufacturers.
The following aspects have been most important for the design of Astronomik LRGB filter set:
- simple image processing for the user
- highest transmission (nearly 100%) for short exposure times
- adjusted transmissions of the individual filters for optimal color reproduction
- the use of industry standards
Astronomik's filters are designed to cover all aspects involved in producing quality astro images. More importantly, imaging tools should be available to astrophotographers that offer a simple and efficient editing process. To maintain the color, they have calculated their filter set for the sRGB color space, that is used as an industry standard from most manufacturers of monitors, printers and imaging software. As a user you do not need to spend time to learn about colorimetry and color spaces. Astronomik has solved the special problems of astrophotography for you.
Due to the high-precision machining of the carrier substrate, Astronomik filters are parfocal with wedge errors below all usual margins. In order not to be the weak link in a high-quality optical system, Astronomik filters are, of course, diffraction limited. Issues concerning focal distances as well as the exact location of the images of each image are not a problem at all.
The L-RGB filter set divides the spectrum into its components red, green, blue and luminance. Thus color separation can be achieved with pure b/w CCD sensors. The separation corresponds to the colour sensitivity of the human eye according to DIN 5032. By using the sRGB color space it is possible to maintain the color of the image throughout the entire image processing and output. With an Astronomik L-RGB filter set and your camera you create ideal raw material for image processing in the sRGB color space.
Astronomik 31mm LRGB Type 2c Filter Set Features:
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Visual observation (dark skies): Good, used as colour filter for planetary observations
- Visual observation (urban skies): Good, used as colour filter for planetary observations
- Film photography: Unsuitable
- CCD photography: Very good, excellent colour separation with RGB and L-RGB pics
- DSLR photography (original): Unsuitable
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Unsuitable
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Good, used as colour filter for imaging planets
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Good, used as colour filter for imaging planets
|Name||Astronomik - LRGB Filter Set - 31mm Round Unmounted|
|Custom Stock Status||Ships in 3-5 Days|