Imaging Dall Kirkham (iDK) astrographs are high resolution instruments with outstanding on and off axis performance across a 60mm field of view. By combining large aperture, medium focal ratio, corrected optics in a lightweight, stiff, and thermally stable carbon fiber tube AGO has created an instrument capable of capturing stunning images of our universe at the most aggressive pricing on the market.
An optional quartz upgrade is now available for all iDK telescopes. Quartz' extremely low coefficient of thermal expansion allows the figure on the optics to remain stable while ambient temperatures vary. This means you will spend more time imaging and less time waiting for the optics to stabilize.
- Highly robust, precise Optec TCF-S3i focuser is standard, included in price. Optec Gemini rotating focuser upgrade option.
- High reflectivity 96% coatings produced in Ostahowski Optics' state-of-the-art coating chamber
- Outstanding field illumination across big chip cameras.
- Carbon fiber truss tube engineered to provide rigidity and thermal stability.
- Optional AGO Thermal Control System for PC-based, automatic control of cooling fans, primary heater, and secondary heater.
- CNC machined components with stainless steel fasteners
- Best in class customer support
AG Optical Systems Telescope Thermal Control System (TCS)
What is the AG Optical Systems Thermal Control System?
The AG Optical Systems Thermal Control System consists of a PC application, primary mirror cooling fans, primary mirror heater, secondary mirror heater, and three temperature sensors. Based on user defined settings, the system will automatically trigger cooling fans and/or heaters to speed the cooling of the primary mirror while preventing the formation of dew on the primary mirror and secondary mirror.
Thermal Control System Components
- TCS Controller - electronic contol board with long-life relays to energize fans and heater
- Primary and secondary mirror heaters - custom-made Kapton thin film heaters strategically placed to provide heat to the primary and secondary mirrors to prevent or slow dew formation
- Cooling fans - three cooling fans located behind primary mirror to facilitate thermal equalization of the primary mirror with ambient air
- Temperature Sensors - ambient, primary mirror and secondary mirror temperature sensors
- TCS PC control application - Windows-based application that allows users to control the TCS system
|Thermal Control System PC Application Features|
|Name||AG Optical - 14.5" Dall Kirkham Astrograph Telescope|
|Manufacturer||AG Optical Systems|
|Custom Stock Status||This item is special order. Delivery times will vary. Place your order today and your card will not be charged until the item ships.|
|Telescope Aperture||14.1" - 16"|
|Backfocus Distance||6.5" with Optec TCF|
|Baffling||primary and secondary baffles, baffled for 2" diagonal size chip|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Heavy-duty, Losmandy "D" compatible dovetail plate included|
|Fans||3 x 60mm fans|
|Focuser||Optec TCF-S3i 3" temperature compensating digital focuser|
|Optical Tube||CF Truss|
|Optical Tube Length||36"|
|Optical Tube Weight||approx. 54 lbs|