CELESTRON - C14 XLT Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly (OTA only)
FASTAR Compatible 91038-XLT
The Celestron C14 XLT Optical Tube (OTA) is Celestron’s first new Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system in over a decade. This 14” Schmidt-Cassegrain features a precision optical system with 3910mm focal length, a focal ratio of f/11 and comes standard with Celestron’s StarBright XLT coatings at no extra cost. Celestron has designed a completely new multi-layer, anti-reflective coating and introduced a new low-absorption, high-transmission glass for the corrector lens. This unequaled combination is standard with every StarBright XLT system. The StarBright XLT coatings help improve light transmission to ensure that the highest quality images are delivered through the eyepiece or onto an imaging chip.. The light gathering power is 2581x more than the human eye meaning planets and other dark-sky wonders are easily resolved. Using a Celestron Focal Reducer , the focal ratio becomes a faster f/7, meaning professional quality deep sky imaging is enhanced since exposure times can be reduced, larger pixel sizes used and unwanted pixel blooming less likely.
Still not fast enough? The C14-AF XLT model is Fastar compatible. This means that the secondary mirror can be removed and replaced by a corrected camera for extreme wide-field photography at f/2.1! The C14 is the only SCT in current world production that offers this unique ability.
OPTICAL ELEMENTS OF THE SCHMIDT-CASSEGRAIN TELESCOPE:
A telescope is a group of optical elements that collects light and focuses it for observation through an eyepiece or similar imaging device. There are two types of optical elements: mirrors and lenses. Mirrors reflect light, and Lenses refract (bend) light. The Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope uses both mirrors and lenses. In this telescope, light passes through the corrector lens, reflects off the primary mirror, reflects off the secondary mirror, and finally comes to a focus at the focal plane.
- 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- StarBright XLT coatings
- 2581x light gathering power
- 3910mm focal length
- f/11 focal ratio
- 2" Star Diagonal
- 40mm eyepiece 98x
- 9x50 finderscope
- CGE dovetail slide bar for mounting
- Unique enhanced multi-layer mirror coatings made from precise layers of aluminum, SiO2 (quartz), TiO2 (titanium dioxide), and Si02 (silicon dioxide). Reflectivity iS flat across the spectrum, optimizing it for both imaging and visual observing.
- Multi-layer anti-reflective coatings made from precise layers of MgF2 (magnesium fluoride) and HfO2 (hafnium dioxide).
- High-transmission water white glass is used instead of soda lime glass for the corrector lens. Water white glass transmits about 90.5% without anti-reflective coatings; that’s 3.5% better transmission than uncoated soda lime glass. When water white glass is used in conjunction with StarBright XLT’s anti-reflective coatings, the average transmission reaches 97.4%: an 8% improvement.*
Celestron’s excellent Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes are compact and portable and represent the best all-purpose design for a wide variety of uses from terrestrial and deep sky viewing to astrophotography.
|Name||Celestron - C14-A XLT 14" Optical Tube Assembly|
|Manufacturer Part No||CEL-91038-XLT|
|Telescope Aperture||12.1" - 14"|
|Aperture||355.6 mm (14 in)|
|Focal Length||3910 mm (154 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||840 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||51 x|