The Lunt LS80THa/PT (PRESSURE TUNED) is a precision aligned ED Doublet lensed Refractor based scope with a fully un-obstructed 80mm optical aperture. This is a complete and dedicated Solar Telescope with a Focal Length of 560mm thru an included 18mm Blocking Filter and an Image Scale of 408. Image scale is calculated by the effective image size at the focal plane and the clear aperture of the scope. This package provides a significant step up into the Intermediary category of Solar Observing. The advanced technology of Doppler True Tuning permits fine adjustment of the center wavelength, allowing views of the Suns' disk and surface details at increased image scale. An Internal Module features an Optimized Collimation system to reduce off-axis aberration. Prominences, flares, super granulation, filaments, and active regions will be observed in spectacular detail!
NOTE: When imaging with a Lunt Solar System it is recommended that the user opt for the next larger Blocking Filter (in this case the included 18mm) than that recommended for Visual use (12mm). This is due to the fact that most Imaging Systems require additional “backfocus”. This requires that the Blocking Filter be moved further up the light cone. As a result the aperture of the Blocking filter needs to be larger to allow for the larger cone size.
The Lunt Solar True Doppler Tuning system allows for a shift into and away from the user adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip. This allows for enhanced Visual and Imaging capability for the observer.
The LS80THa can be internally double stacked (see LS80Ha/PT/DSII) at time of purchase or anytime thereafter. Internal Doublestacking provides a truly enhanced high definition view of the Suns' surface details. This truly revolutionary addition reduces the Bandpass to <0.5 Angstroms. The LS80T/PT does not need to be returned to the factory for doublestacking.
- A major step into intermediary solar observing, the Lunt Solar Systems LS80Tha Pressure Tuned Hydrogen-Alpha Telescope comes with a precision aligned 80mm ED doublet lens.
- Internal etalon system with pressure tune adjustment that allows an internal <0.7 Angstrom bandpass.
- The Lunt 80mm H-Alpha Telescope has a focal length of 560mm, and includes a Lunt B1800 (18mm) Blocking Filter.
- The LS80THa PT includes a 2" Crayford focuser, a Lunt 6" Dovetail mount, Sol Searcher Sun Finder, Lunt Zoom Eyepiece and an Aluminum foam-lined case.
LS80THa/PT Features: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 80mm (Unobstructed)
- Etalon: Internal <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 560mm
- F Ratio: 7
- Focuser: 2″ Crayford
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 8.8 lb.
- Sun Finder: Televue Sol Searcher
- Mounting: Lunt 6″ Dovetail
- Eyepiece: Lunt Zoom Eyepiece
- Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam
|Name||Lunt - 80mm H-Alpha Pressure Tuned Telescope - B1800 - Crayford|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|
|Custom Stock Status||This item typically has a delivery time of 8-12 weeks. Place your order today to reserve.|
|Telescope Aperture||3.1" - 4"|
|Collimation Cap||internal optmiized|
|Focuser||Crayford dual speed|
|Objective||precision aligned doublet|
|Optical Coatings||hi contrast multi|
|Secondary Obstruction (%)||0%|