- Full-frame 8.3 megapixel (8.5 effective) monochrome Kodak CCD chip
- Cutting edge technology for today's serious CCD imager's demands
- High performance at an affordable low price
- Superior resolution with 8.3 megapixel (8.5 effective), square 5.4 micron x 5.4 micron Kodak chip
- Regulated dual-stage thermoelectric cooling and adjustable fan dramatically reduces thermal noise
- Internal full-frame memory buffer ensures reliable image downloads
- Internal shutter means accurate dark frames can be taken automatically with no need to cover telescope
Orion is pleased to introduce the next generation of premium CCD imagers: the Parsec Astronomical Imaging Cameras. This bright new family features a full-frame 8.3 megapixel (8.5 effective) Kodak CCD chip. You'll get amazing results and equally amazing resolution, all for a modest investment.
The Parsec provides all the cutting edge technology and features that today's serious CCD imager demands, such as regulated dual-stage cooling, internal shutter, internal full-frame 32 megabyte memory buffer, and more. And still, it remains amazingly affordable.
You get peak performance, but at a significantly lower price. And, its compact size (4x4" wide, 3" long) provides a sleek fit for virtually any imaging telescope configuration. The high performance Parsec is built around the CCD chip's square 5.4 micron x 5.4 micron pixel size for superior resolution using Kodak's microlens technology for maximum sensitivity. Regulated dual-stage thermoelectric cooling (TEC) and adjustable fan dramatically reduces thermal noise. Accurate dark frames can be taken automatically. Thanks to the internal shutter there's no need to cover the telescope! The internal full-frame memory buffer ensures reliable image downloads every time, through a USB-2.0 connection (10' USB cable and 10' power cable compatible with 12 volt DC cigarette lighter sockets included).
The Parsec 8300M features a monochrome imaging CCD chip, capable of performing advanced tri-color imaging techniques with proper filters. It has standard T-threads on the camera body, removable 2" nosepiece threaded for filters, an included custom hard carrying case, and a free full version 60-day trial of MaxIm DL Pro software for camera control and image processing. Parsec cameras feature 16 bit A/D conversion. Windows XP, 7 and Vista 32 bit and 64 bit compatible. ASCOM compatible.
Never before has CCD imaging offered so much at such a reasonable price. The Parsec is a small package (32 oz.) that packs a huge imaging wallop.
- Imaging sensor Kodak KAF-8300 with microlensing, monochrome
- Imaging sensor size 17.96mm x 13.52mm
- Pixel array 3326 x 2504 (8,328,304 total)
- Pixel size 5.4 x 5.4
- Imaging chip Monochrome
- Autoguider capability Yes
- Exposure range 0.002 sec to infinity
- A/D conversion 16 bit
- Thermoelectric cooling Yes
- IR filter No
- Mounting 2in. nozzle or t-thread
- USB connection High-speed 2.0
- Software compatibility Windows XP/Vista 32-bit
- Full well capacity 25500e-
- Read noise (RMS) 8e-
- Dark signal (at 0-deg C) 0.15e-/pixel/sec
- Binning 1x1, 2x2
- Max cooling -40C from ambient
- Full frame download time 11 sec
- Backfocus distance (from T-threads) 29.24mm
- Weight (oz.) 32.00
- Warranty One year
- 10' USB cable
- 10' power cable
- Hard carry case with die-cut foam insert
|Name||Orion - Parsec 8300M Astronomical Imaging Camera|
|Custom Stock Status||Available - Ships in 3-5 Days|