ORION - AWESOME AUTOGUIDER REFRACTOR TELESCOPE PACKAGE
Orions' ingenuity can guide imagers to better quality astrophotos - literally - with their Awesome AutoGuider Refractor Telescope Package. This affordable and effective autoguiding solution can be added to virtually any astrophotography system to improve guiding accuracy and stability.
No matter what telescope is being used for long-exposure astrophotography, precise guiding is an absolute requirement to get pinpoint star images. Using both a dedicated autoguider device and guide scope telescope is arguably the best way to optimize the accuracy of any astrophotography session. Employing a complete autoguiding setup is especially useful when going after images of faint deep-sky objects where multiple long exposures are required.
Orion ShortTube 80 Refractor Telescope Optical Tube Assembly
The popular Orion ShortTube 80 refractor telescope is included for use as a guide scope. With a short focal length of 400mm, the ShortTube 80 makes an ideal guide scope since the fast f/5.0 optical tube provides an expansive wide field-of-view, making guide star acquisition a breeze. With fully multi-coated optics and a light weight of 2.4 lbs., the ShortTube 80 refractor has become a popular guide scope thanks to its versatile design and no-nonsense performance.
Orion StarShoot AutoGuider
The Orion StarShoot AutoGuider keeps track of a selected guide star and communicates constantly with a connected equatorial telescope mount to correct any tracking errors throughout long exposure astrophotography sessions. The sensor inside the StarShoot AutoGuider is a high-resolution, 1/2" format 1.3-megapixel CMOS monochrome chip, with 5.2µ x 5.2µ pixels for highly accurate guiding. The chip resides in a super-compact, anodized aluminum housing that measures just 2.5" wide by 2.35" long and weighs a mere 4.4 oz. Thanks to the small pixel size, the highly accurate sensor makes the StarShoot AutoGuider a perfect match with the short focal length ShortTube 80 refractor guide scope.
Orion 105mm Guide Scope Rings and Scope Ring Mounting Bar
The included set of two cast-metal rings are designed to hold the ShortTube 80 refractor and provide a wide range of alignment adjustment so the guide scope can be aligned with the imaging source telescope easily. Each Guide Scope Ring features three non-marring nylon alignment screws for precise alignment of guide scope without scratching. The rigid anodized aluminum Guide Scope Ring Mounting Bar is included to attach the entire Awesome AutoGuider Package to an astrophotography telescope. Pre-drilled through-holes allow easy attachment.
- Add this affordable and awe-inspiring autoguider package to any imaging set-up and enjoy the accurate astrophotography results
- Included ShortTube 80mm f/5.0 refractor telescope optical tube provides a wide field-of -view which is perfect for finding prospective guide-stars
- The intuitive StarShoot AutoGuider makes it easy to enhance your astrophotography pursuits with auto-guided accuracy
- Package includes everything you need for accurate autoguiding: ShortTube 80 guide scope, guide scope rings, guide scope ring mounting bar, 1.25" extension tube (for back focus) and the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider -- just add an astrophotography telescope and equatorial mount
- Astrophotography telescope must be equipped with tube rings in order to attach guide scope ring mounting bar in a piggyback orientation
|Name||Orion - Awesome AutoGuider Refractor Telescope Package|
|Custom Stock Status||Available - Ships in 3-5 Days|