CELESTRON - CGE Pro 1100 - 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope Package (11087)
Celestron's CGE Pro 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Package is the second largest aperture in the CGE Pro Series. It has 40% more light gathering power than its sibling, the 9.25" SCT. Covered with Celestron's own designed Starbright XLT coatings which improves light reflectivity performance on the mirror, this 11" optical tube is excellent for both visual observing as well as astrophotography. Since the Schmidt-Cassegrain optical design tends to have slow focal ratios, they're excellent for lunar and planetary imaging as well as narrow deep sky imaging. Since Schmidt-Cassegrain designs are considered catadioptric, they combine features of both refractors and reflectors, but don't suffer the optical consequences of either one. There is hardly any chromatic aberration and very little coma.
The CGE Pro Equatorial mount is designed to be useful for astrophotographers who want the best out of their images. The All-Star Alignment is the first step by helping to polar align the mount using a series of star by star coordinates to determine how much the altitude and azimuth needs to be adjusted to polar align precisely. Once aligned, the mount has an outstanding 5° per second maximum slew rate (as well as 2 deg/s, 0.5 deg/s, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, 0.5x rates) that helps reduce the time needed to slew from object to object, therefore increasing the amount of viewing in one session. With an accuracy of 5 arc minutes on its own and up to 1 arc minute with additional pointing features, the CGE Pro is equipped with materials that compensate for inaccuracies (PEC) in the mount for better astro-imaging observation.
- INCREASED PAYLOAD CAPACITY - With a maximum payload of 90 lbs, the CGE Pro mount is able to hold the 11" telescope securely even when fully loaded with all your imaging gear.
- ALL-STAR POLAR ALIGNMENT - Choose any bright alignment star for a software assisted alignment of the mount's polar axis that will have you ready for imaging even if you can't see the North Star.
- NO-TOOL POLAR ALIGNMENT - Larger hand knobs for both Altitude and Azimuth adjustments.
- MERIDIAN TRACKING - Extended tracking past the Meridian of up to 20 degrees of uninterrupted imaging through the best part of the sky.
- FASTER SLEW SPEED - Improved gearing and motors provide faster slew speeds than ever before with a maximum slew rate of over 5°/per second.
- ACCURACY - The hallmark of any telescope mount is its ability to find, center and track celestial objects with the highest degree of accuracy.
- POINTING - With just a standard hand control alignment, CGE Pro has the ability to center a star in your eyepiece or CCD chip to within 5 arc minutes. Using NexStar's advanced pointing features such as Calibration Stars, Sync and Precise GoTo, further improves the pointing accuracy to as low as 1 arc minute in the desired region of the sky.
- TRACKING - With larger .75" pitch diameter worm, precision made cut-steel gears in gearboxes, and seven slot skewed armature motors, the CGE Pro delivers smooth +/- 5 arc second tracking accuracy typical unguided periodic error, which can be further reduced with PEC
- MOUNT CALIBRATION - Celestron's NexStar hand control has built-in compensation features essential for accurately placing small objects on the center of your CCD chip or high power eyepiece. Aligning on multiple Calibration Stars creates a model of the opto-mechanical inaccuracies inherent in all equatorial mounts. This model is stored within the hand control and is used to compensate for these inaccuracies, thus improving your pointing precision each time you slew your telescope.
- PORTABILITY - Set up and transportation of the CGE Pro telescopes is made easy by separating the mount into smaller, easy-to-carry components. Unlike fork arm mounted telescopes, the CGE's optical tubes can be quickly removed from their mounts making even the CGE Pro1400 easily assembled in minutes.
- STABILITY - Recognized for superior stability, German Equatorial mounts place the center of gravity directly over the tripod legs and can be easily polar aligned without the use of an optional equatorial wedge. This proven design reduces the “tuning fork” vibration that can be associated with undersized fork mounts. An improved Super HD Tripod supports the CGE Pro mount. This fully extendable tripod is made from the finest 2.75" stainless steel and can be raised to a height of 55". The tripod uses a dual leg support for maximum rigidity with an upper leg brace to provide an outward preload and a lower leg brace providing inward tension.
- BALANCE - CGE Pro Equatorial mounts can easily be balanced in both axes. Simply sliding the counterweight for Right Ascension and moving the optical tube along its dovetail mounting for Declination, accomplish balancing the weight of camera equipment and other visual accessories. This means that no additional weight needs to be added to balance the telescope when additional accessories are added. Clearance - CGE Pro mounts support their tubes at a single contact point allowing the tube to move freely around its polar axis without making contact with the telescope's mount. Software features allow the user to set the mounts slew limits to guaranty safe motion. This is particularly useful when adding photographic and CCD instruments that extend from the rear of the telescopes.
- CLEARANCE - CGE Pro mounts support their tubes at a single contact point allowing the tube to move freely around its polar axis without making contact with the telescope's mount. Software features allow the user to set the mount's slew limits to guaranty safe motion. This is particularly useful when adding photographic and CCD instruments that extend from the rear of the telescopes.
All CGE mounted telescopes are compatible with Celestron's SkySync GPS accessory. Combine the GPS and built-in real time clock, and these telescopes will keep track and remember their exact location and time without having to enter the information into the hand control.
|Name||Celestron - CGE Pro 1100 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope|
|Custom Stock Status||In Stock|
|Telescope Aperture||10.1" - 12"|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align, 1-Star Align|
|Angular Field of View||0.53 °|
|Aperture||279.4 mm (11 in)|
|Counterweights||2 x 22 lbs|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Eyepiece 1||40 mm (1.57 in)|
|Focal Length||2800 mm (110.24 in)|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
|Mount||CGE Pro Computerized Equatorial|
|Optical Tube Length||24 in (609.6 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||27.5 lbs (12.47 kg)|
|Power Supply||Car battery adapter|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.42 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.5 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||3.75 in (95.25 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||11.6 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||34.1 %|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Adjustable, 2.75" Stainless Steel legs|