NEW ETX-80AT-TC Scope!
Meade's new, larger 80mm diameter ETX-80AT-EC delivers more light-gathering for increased image brightness and greater detail. Moon craters by the hundreds, cloud belts on Jupiter, and Saturn's rings are just the beginning of what can be seen with this telescope.
Meade's brainy AutoStar computer solves the stargazer's two biggest challenges in navigating the heavens with a computer telescope: aligning the telescope with the night sky and finding celestial phenomenon in the vast starry firmament. Right out of the box with a simple initialization, AutoStar makes finding the sky's elusive jewels virtually as easy as pushing a few buttons. Observe land or over 1400 sky objects in stunning high resolution, and learn about the sky with Meade's extensive astro-library.
The Meade ETX-80AT-TC has these new advanced features as standard-equipment:
- A built-in Barlow lens flips into position when needed. This highly desirable feature porvides more power whne studying lunar and planetary surface features.
- An internal Tim Chip (TC) keeps precise factory calibrated time and date.
- A Bubble-level/ Compass is provided to make initialization faster and easier.
- Now includes two premium 4-element 1.25" Super Plossl eyepieces (SP9.7mm, SP26mm) offering comfortable long eye-relief and an expansive wide visual field.
- Bonus! AutoStar Suite Astronomer Software on DVD for PC, now with instructional DVD
#494 AutoStar Computer Controller
Included as standard equipment with the ETX-80AT-TC, the #494 AutoStar computer controller automatically guides your telescope to over 1400 objects. View planets, stars, galaxies, and nebulae all at the push of a button. Don't know what to se on a particular night" Don't worry, Just select the Tonight's Best tour and AutoStar will automatically take you on a guided tour of the best planets, stars, nebulas and other objects out that particular night. What ot know more about what your're looking at" The LCD display teaches you about what you're viewing with details like distance, temperature, mass, and historical information. AutoStar is your guide to the universe with Meade's ETX-80AT-TC.
AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition Software on DVD + Instructional Video
The EXT-80AT-TC also includes the AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition software that will help you learn the night sky. It displays more then 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can print out star charts and even plan your observing sessions. It operates on any Windows based PC.
More Power Than You'll Ever Need
Any astronomer will tell you that light gathering - not power - is what matters. A small, crisp image is better then a large hazy one. Meade's 1.25" diameter Super Plossl eyepiceces provide wider fields of view, allowing you to see more of the sky at greater magnifications.
Meade Premium Optics
Serious astronomers for years have flocked to Meade telescopes for their premium quality optical systems and patented technology. Consumers know that "Meade Optics Inside" means that what they see through our telescopes will be views that are detailed, crisp and full of contrast. Look throught a Meade this evening and see what you've been missing.
- Model ETX-80AT
- Optical Design Achromatic Refractor
- Clear Aperture 80mm (3.15")
- Focal Length, Focal Ratio 400mm f/5
- Maximum Practical Visual Power 275x
- Optical Tube Dimensons (dia x 1) 3.6" dia x 14.5"
- Eyepieces Super Plossl9.7 and 26mm
- Barlow Lens Built-in Flip Barlow
- Telescope Mounting Fork type; double fine
- RA and Dec. Motor Drive Systems 12V DC servo motors w/ encoders
- Slow-Motion Controls Electric 9-speed, both axes
- AutoStar Controller #494 Included
- Planetarium software and Instructional DVD Included
- Batteries (user-supplied) 6 x AA
|Name||Meade - ETX-80AT-TC Achromatic Refractor with Autostar|
|Manufacturer Part No||MEA-0805-04-21|
|Telescope Aperture||3.1" - 4"|
|Optical Design||Achromatic Refractor|