9.25in. ID Orion Full Aperture Solar Filter
- A must-have for safely observing the sun without damaging your eyes
- Optical glass filter fits snugly over your telescope's aperture to block 99.9% of incoming sunlight
- Glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with nickel-chromium stainless steel
- Filter is mounted in an aluminum cell and supplied with foam tape liner
- Fits Orion SkyQuest XT8, Atlas 8 and SkyView Pro 8
Who said you have to be in the dark to do astronomy! Turning your telescope to the Sun is fun and educational. Watch the march of giant sunspots, the clouds of glowing vapor in the photosphere, and solar "granulation" detail. But be sure to protect your precious vision with a safe Orion solar filter! Looking at the Sun without one, even for an instant, can permanently damage your eyes.
Superior to Mylar
These full-aperture optical glass filters deliver superb views of the Sun, without risk to your eyes. While more expensive than Mylar filters, Orion solar filters provide better contrast, a more natural yellow-orange—color rather than blue—and are more durable. They're ideal for photographing the Sun too.
The glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with an advanced nickel-chromium stainless steel alloy for a scratch-resistant surface. The filter passes only a fraction of the incoming light, rejecting harmful ultraviolet and infrared radiation.
Each Orion filter is mounted in an aluminum cell that slide-fits over the front of your telescope. Size shown in the chart below is the ideal diameter of front of telescope; filter will fit diameters up to 1/4" smaller with foam tape liner supplied.
|Name||Orion - 9.25" ID Orion Full Aperture Solar Filter|
|Manufacturer Part No||ORI-07722|