Starlight Xpress - Ultrastar ICX825AL Sony Exview Interline CCD Camera - Color
The Ultrastar is an excellent entry level imaging camera. When used with the ‘Starlight LIVE’ software, the camera can be easily configured to take a series or continuous short exposures, automatically adding the images together as it goes, building up the image in front of your very eyes.
Starlight Xpress Ultrastar ICX825AL Sony Exview Interline CCD Camera - Color
Starlight Xpress has introduced the Ultrastar CCD Camera, an excellent new state of the art imaging instrument that serves as both an imager and guiding camera. It is fabulous for the entry level astrophotographer, especially when used in conjunction with the Starlight LIVE software in which the camera can take a series of short exposures and combine them. This is a perfect camera for public outreach in which the process of exposures can be seen live.
With a very compact size and mini-USB interface, astrophotographers who need a mobile friendly accessory who constantly change locations will find the Starlight Xpress Ultrastar CCD Camera to be a must have! Since <200mA is drawn from the USB socket, it is also very conservative with electricity and power creating a simple and fun astro-imaging experience!
The Ultrastar is also a formidable guide camera!
For years, the Lodestar has been held in the highest regard as being the best autoguider on the market as well as having a following of astronomers using it as a Galaxy Imager. The Ultrastar takes this use to a whole new level with the new 2/3” format ExView II CCD from Sony - now with almost twice the imaging area and a progressive scan CCD, the Ultrastar is even better suited for this role.
Big things can come in small packages and the Ultrastar, really is no exception. This compact guide camera is packed full of great features:
- ONLY 1¼” in diameter allows it to drop neatly into your 1¼” eyepiece holder - no additional adaptors required.
- Large Imaging Area (8.98mm x 6.71mm) giving you a wide field of view for framing galaxies or finding a suitable guide star.
- Sensitivity - with an impressive 75% QE, and large pixels, the Ultrastar just sucks up those photons. Sensitivity is key, but combined with the incredibly low noise of the Ultrastar, images has just appear even easier.
- ‘Full size RJ12’ Autoguider Port - No need to run extra cables from your computer to control your mount corrections.
- Powered by the USB of your computer so no need to carry an extra power supply with you - one less thing to forget when you are on your way to the Star Party.
- Compact and solid aluminium contruction.
|Free Shipping Available
|Includes Autoguide Port