Starlight Xpress - Trius SX-46 Full-Frame Camera - DISCONTINUED
The SX-46 is a full-frame CCD camera with a 16.7 megapixel sensor. It utilises the popular KAF-16200 sensor, which has an 'APS-H' format array of 27 x 21.6 mm, 6uM square pixels. The use of a full frame chip requires a mechanical shutter and so SX have developed a custom 'roller blind' assembly that uses mini stepper motors to provide an extremely uniform shutter action.
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-46 Full-Frame Camera
The Starlight Xpress SX-46 is a full-frame 16.7mp CCD camera that has the KAF-16200 sensor with a APS-H format array of 27x21.6mm, 6uM square pixels. Starlight Xpress has created a custom "roller blind" assembly that uses mini stepper motors for uniform shutter action since full frame chips need a mechanical shutter.
- No need for a window heater due to the multi-coated synthetic sapphire input window which is 25x better than glass at thermal conductivity. This makes dewing very unlikely even at maximum CCD cooling.
- The stepper driven roller blind shutter is great for robust long term use even at 0.1 second exposure time.
- Compact argon filled CCD chamber with O ring sealing.
- Built-in LED flood Illuminator for RBI elimination (trapped electrons from previous images).
- 6.5 seconds approximate download time for 16.7 mp image.
- A three stage Peltier cooler to give better than -50C below ambient, with an efficient temperature controller to keep power consumption to less than 2 amps at 12v DC.
- Standard 'Trius' 3 port USB 2 hub built-in.
- A compact overall size of 136 mm square and 70 mm deep (+ handles). Only 1.7 Kg total weight.
|Includes Autoguide Port