Starlight Xpress - TRIUS PRO-35 USB Hub CCD Monochrome Camera - DISCONTINUED
Starlight Xpress TRIUS PRO-35 USB Hub CCD Monochrome Camera
Starlight Xpress products have always been renowned for a compact, innovative, and excellent build quality. The new TRIUS-PRO range of cameras has just taken this to a whole new level.
While further improving on the super low-noise performance of the previous generations of SXV, SXVF, SXVR and the original TRIUS cameras, the new TRIUS-PRO also offers faster download times of approximately 2.8 million pixels per second.
Remarkably, Starlight Xpress has managed to incorporate a complete powered USB hub into the main camera, which presents 3 USB 2.0 ports at the rear of the camera. Each port is capable of delivering up to 200mA, and is able to drive a Lodestar, or UltraStar, and a USB filter wheel, along with a third device, such as a USB focuser. This integration greatly reduces the number of cable trails back to the computer and gives less potential for cable tangling around the mount during your imaging session.
New 3 stage Peltier cooler stacks have been designed into the TRIUS-PRO cameras. Along with the Argon-Filled CCD chamber, this allows a greater differential cooling delta to be achieved.
- Rear Camera Panel - The TRIUS-PRO Camera provides multiple inputs and outputs. The main control connections to the camera are the USB2.0 socket, that controls the camera from the computer, and the +12v DC jack socket which provides power (approximately 1.5 amps at 12v DC). In addition, there is an RJ11 Guider Port output that is opto-isolated and will drive any standard active-low guider input via the RJ11 'telescope' lead provided. The remaining sockets are three Mini-B 5pin USB2.0 sockets that can be used to control up to three different USB devices, such as a Lodestar Autoguider, an SX USB Filter Wheel and a focuser. Each USB port is capable of providing 5v DC at a maximum of 200mA.
- Fused Silica Window - Unlike less expensive cameras, Starlight Xpress fit a specially manufactured fused silica window, with a 7 layer anti-reflective coating, to all TRIUS-PRO cameras. This offers exceptional strength and heat transfer characteristics to ensure there is less chance of dewing of the front window during humid weather.
- Efficient Cooling System - The cooling system is designed for the most efficient cooling possible in a small compact package. The TRIUS-PRO cameras are fitted with a new peltier cooler configuration to give approximately -45°C delta T. A built-in fan at the rear of the camera draws air in through small holes in the front of the barrel (which increases the surface area to aid the convection), through the heatsink where all the heat is generated, and expels it out of the rear of the camera. An additional fan is fitted to the side, to help keep the external body at the ambient temperature during the warmer weather.
- Unique Tilted Camera Front - This unique feature of the design allows the front plate of the camera to be orthogonally aligned to ensure that the CCD and the optics are parallel to each other. The enables the user to adjust for any collimation issues throughout the whole optical train, to ensure pinpoint stars across the entire field.
- Argon Filled CCD Chamber - Argon filled CCD chambers are normally only associated with really high-end cameras; the new TRIUS cameras have dry argon injected into the CCD chamber to ensure there is no moisture to condense on the CCD during the cooling process. The low thermal conductivity of argon also helps with the cooling process, allowing greater delta T to be achieved.
|Includes Autoguide Port