Sky-Watcher - AZ-EQ5i Hybrid Mount with Wifi Module - No Hand Control Included
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5i dual design fits the best of both worlds! Visual users can benefit from the altazimuth (Altaz) mode while imagers who need superior tracking performance, particularly if doing longer exposure will benefit from the equatorial mode. For any user who enjoys visual observation of the night sky, yet might have an interest in imaging going forward without having to buy another mount, the AZ-EQ5i is an excellent option!
With the AZ-EQ5i version, the mount can be controlled via the included Wifi module! No hand controller is included since mount is controlled via Wifi module.
Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5i Hybrid Mount with Wifi Module - No Hand Control Included
- With the AZ-EQ5i version, the mount can be controlled via the included Wifi module! No hand controller is included since mount is controlled via Wifi module.
- The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5i is a dual mount, meaning it suits well for both visual observers with altaz mode and astrophotographers with equatorial mode, and two optical tubes in dual OTA mode using the extra V style saddle.
- Capable of a payload of 30 lbs, most mid to higher end optical tubes can be mounted without issues!
- Includes Periodic Error Correct (PPEC) for accurate RA tracking, especially helpful when doing longer exposures where minimal variation errors could effect performance.
- Equipped with Sky-Watcher's patented Freedom Find Dual-Encoder System, allowing manual movement of the mount without risking loss of alignment.
- The AZ-EQ5i is driven by a belt drive system, avoiding many annoying noise issues caused by more common stepper gearing without compromising tracking and slewing accuracy.
- With the included pier extension, polar alignment is obtainable at almost any latitude.
- Built in USB port for firmware updates and computer control with compatible software.
Dual Altazimuth and Equatorial Design, Perfect for Visual and Imaging Use
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5i dual design fits the best of both worlds! Visual users can benefit from the altazimuth (Altaz) mode while imagers who need superior tracking performance, particularly if doing longer exposure will benefit from the equatorial mode. Further more, with the extra second V style saddle, a second optical tube can be mounted when the mount is setup in dual OTA mode. For any user who enjoys visual observation of the night sky, yet might have an interest in imaging going forward without having to buy another mount, the AZ-EQ5i is an excellent option!
30 Payload Capacity
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5i can hold a limit of 30 lbs payload. This is sufficient enough to hold lower to mid range optical tubes alone or with camera gear if doing astrophotography. Or if setup in the dual OTA mode, using the extra saddle mounting two optical tubes within a combined payload of 30 lbs.
Quiet Yet Accurate Belt Drive Motor System
With a belt drive system in replacement of more typical stepper gearing, the AZ-EQ5i has very accurate tracking performance without the issue of noise. Since spur gears are removed between the motor and worm, noise is reduced and periodic error correction is reduced as well, thus ensuring smoother and quiet tracking.
Mount can Align and Track at Most Latitudes
With the included pier extension, the mount can be polar aligned at most latitudes. The pier extension removes the obstruction caused by the tripod legs against the shaft that is typically a problem when polar aligning at lower latitudes.
Alternate between Manual and Automatic Slewing due to the Freedom Finder Dual Encoder System
With Sky-Watcher's patented Freedom Finder Dual Encoder System, the user can manually move the mount without risking loss of alignment.
All of the Must Have Accessories Included
The AZ-EQ5 comes with the Wifi module, pier tripod, two 7.5 lb counterweights, counterweight extension bar, second saddle for use in dual OTA mode and a polar finderscope. Included are two Canon EOS trigger cables (Nikon and Sony cables will need to be purchased separately).
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|
|Mount Load Capacity||30 lbs|
|Counterweights Included||2x 7.5lb counterweights|
|Mount Head Weight||16.9 lbs|
|Power Requirements||12V DC|
|Computerized Hand Controller||Not Included (This version includes the Wifi Module as an alternative)|
|Number of Auxiliary Ports||1|
|Includes Autoguide Port||Yes|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Accessory Tray Included?||Yes|
|Tripod Height Adjustment Range||41 - 48.7 in|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||1.75"|
|Tripod Weight||13.4 lbs.|
|Total System Weight||Approximately 45 pounds including counterweights|
|In The Box||
- Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 Mount Head
- Wifi Module
- Pier Extension
- Two 7.5 lb counterweights
- Counterweight extension bar
- Extra saddle
- Polar finderscope
- Two Canon EOS trigger cables