QHYCCD - QHY5III568M Monochrome Planetary and Guider Camera
The QHYCCD QHY5III568 Monochrome Planetary and Guiding Camera uses the back illuminated Sony IMX568 5.1mp sensor, achieving a frame rate of 304 frames per second with a 1080p resolution. It also supports 2x2 hardware binning for improved signal to noise ratio.
QHYCCD QHY5III568M Monochrome Planetary and Guider Camera
- QHYCCD QHY5III568 Monochrome Planetary and Guiding Camera features a back-illuminated sensor with a global shutter, achieving a remarkable 304 frames per second with 1080p resolution, powered by the Sony IMX568 5.1mp CMOS sensor.
- The IMX568 sensor consists of a back-illuminated design, eliminating photon obstruction in the sensor wiring, resulting in improved QE peak and signal-to-noise ratio. This design is particularly helpful for guiding applications where a reliable bright source is essential.
- The use of a global shutter in QHY5III568M provides an advantage over standard rolling shutters by exposing all pixels simultaneously, ensuring uniform illumination across the sensor array.
- Unlike digital binning, which can introduce noise, the QHY5III568M supports pixel binning by a 2x2 factor, a feature more commonly associated with CCD sensors. This hardware binning enhances signal-to-noise ratio without introducing additional noise as well.
- The Version 2 cameras, including the QHY5III568M, feature a redesigned external structure to accommodate accessories, including a higher capacity 512MB DDR3 image buffer, compatibility with both C-mount and CS-mount lenses, USB 3.2 Type-C interface, and a universal ST-4 guiding port.
- The addition of an indicator LED light provides a status update for enhanced user convenience during operation.
Uses the Sony IMX568 Sensor with a BSI Back Illuminated Design
The QHYCCD QHY5III568 Monochrome Planetary and Guiding Camera is a back illuminated sensor with a global shutter capable of reaching frames per second of 304 with 1080p resolution. It consists of the Sony IMX568 5.1mp CMOS sensor which is adequate resolution needed for efficient guiding and splendid images of planets.
The IMX568 sensor is a back illuminated design, meaning it is designed as such that there is no obstruction of photons in the wiring of the sensor from hitting the photosensitive layer as is the case in front illuminated versions. This results in improved QE peak and signal to noise ratio by increasing the amount of photons that hit the sensor to form an electric charge. This is important in guiding where a source must be bright enough to be reliable and consistent.
Global Shutter for Equal and Consistent Illumination Across the Field of View
Rather than a more standard rolling shutter, the QHY5III568M uses a global shutter which has an edge up because all pixels within the sensor array are exposed simultaneously rather than in a sequential manner which can cause unequal illumination throughout the field.
Hardware 2x2 Pixel Binning Possible
While pixel binning is more associated with CCD sensors rather than CMOS, the QHY5III568M supports this feature with a 2x2 factor rather than using digital binning which can increase noise (depending on the factor multiplied). The hardware binning on the other hand does not suffer from this after effect and strictly improves SNR.
New Outer Design of QHY Version 2 Guiding Cameras
The QHY5III568M along with the rest of the Version 2 cameras has a new external design intended to accomodate for accessories. This new design consists of the following:
- Higher capacity DDR3 image buffer of 512MB
- Compatibility with both C-mount and CS-mount lenses
- USB 3.2 Type-C interface
- Universal ST-4 guiding port
- Indicator LED light for status update
|Free Shipping Available
|12-bit (output as 16-bit and 8-bit)
|Includes Autoguide Port
|17mm (with adapter) ;8±0.5mm (without adapter)
|Full Well Capacity
|Full Resolution: 8.8ke-2X2 FD Binning: 9.7ke-
|2472 x 2064
|2.74um x 2.74um
|Full Resolution: 1.5-2.3e-2X2 FD Binning: 1.6-2.7e-
|Standard 2 Year
|In The Box
- QHYCCD QHY5III568M Monochrome Planetary and Guider Camera
- USB 3.0 TYPE-C Cable
- Guiding Cable
- Filter Coated Front Window
- CS to C Mount Adapter
- 1.25" to CS Mount Adapter
- Focus Lock Ring and Thumb Screw