QHYCCD - Off-Axis Guider Pro - Medium - OAG-M-Pro
QHY has introduced the OAG-M Pro, a professional version with a larger 10 x 14mm prism. This upgrade accommodates guide cameras with larger sensors, offering 2-4 times the field of view of standard guide cameras. This enhancement mitigates issues like vignetting and a scarcity of reliable guide stars.
QHYCCD Off-Axis Guider Pro - Medium - OAG-M-Pro
OAG Medium Pro Features
- Off-Axis Guiders simplify guiding by sharing the same optical path for guiding and imaging cameras, unlike other configurations like a guidescope.
- Higher focal length optical tubes can lead to issues like vignetting and resolution loss, making it challenging to identify a guide star in the field of view. QHY addresses this with the OAG-M Pro, featuring a larger 10 x 14mm prism, accommodating guide cameras with larger sensors and providing 2-4 times the field of view of regular guide cameras.
- The OAG-M Pro reduces vignetting and scarcity of reliable guide stars, enhancing overall performance.
- For optimal results, it is recommended to pair the OAG-M Pro with larger guide cameras such as QHY5III174M and QHY5III585C.
Larger Prism to Support Wider Field of View Guiding Cameras
Unlike other guiding configurations such as a guidescope, an Off Axis Guider (or OAG) simplifies this process by having both the guiding and regular imaging camera share the same optical path. One drawback however is that when using optical tubes where the focal length is very high, vignetting can occur and loss of resolution and illumination which can make it rather difficult to pick out a guiding star within the field of view. To remedy this issue, QHY has developed a professional version of the Off Axis Guider Medium with a larger prism size of 10 x 14mm that can accomodate guide cameras with larger sensor formats and 2-4 times the field of view of regular guide cameras, thus circumventing the issue of vignetting and lack of reliable guiding reference sources. It is recommended to use the OAG-M Pro with larger guide cameras such as QHY5III174M and QHY5III585C rather than the standard OAG-M which doesn't provide sufficient illumination for accurate guiding.
Photos below show the difference in guiding results between the standard OAG-M (top image) and the OAG-M Pro (bottom image). There is higher illumination, wider field and lack of vignetting in the OAG-M Pro photo.
|Free Shipping Available
|In The Box
- QHYCCD Off Axis Guider Medium - Pro
- 5mm M54 (F) Spacer
- M3x18mm Screws - Qty 8
- M3x10mm Thumb Screws - Qty 3 with 1mm Hexagon Key