QHYCCD - Celestron AVX Mount Adapter for PoleMaster - PM-AVX
The Celestron AVX mount Polemaster Adapter, makes your experience of Polar alignment as easy as possible.
About the Polemaster:
Introducing the PoleMaster™ high precision and simple to utilize electronic polarscope. The PoleMaster is a very light sensitive camera that mounts on the front of the R.A. axis of a equatorial mount. The camera's light sensitivity is much higher than the unaided eye therefore it can see Polaris and other dim stars close-by. The PoleMaster™, based on the information provided by the location of the "faint" stars, precisely ascertains the exact area of the divine shaft. Rotation centers of the R.A. axis is also detectable with the iOptron PoleMaster.
Utilizing this data, the included software shows the R.A rotation center and the virtual polar point on your PCs monitor. The observer only needs to modify the mount accordingly until the two points overlap to achieve a highly precise polar alignment upwards of 30 arc seconds. Adapters are available for iOptron equatorial mounts and adapters for other brand mounts are available through a third party.
The most effective method to get the pole well aligned. The easiest way is just to locate the true north point and coordinate its position with the rotation center of the RA axis. QHYCCD's PoleMaster incorporates this idea. This device can be installed on front of the RA axis,. It utilize a profoundly sensitive camera to catch the picture of the northern sky. The affectability is much higher than the bare eye, so it can see the polaris as well as some weak star close-by. In view of the areas of these stars, it can compute the position of the genuine position of north post. With some complex techniques the PoleMaster can likewise identify the revolution focal point of the RA hub. It will check the two point on the screen, one is the RA turn focus, another is the virtual polar point. You can modify the mount and let them cover then the shaft is very much adjusted.
To compare the old technology of the polar alignment. The advantages of PoleMaster are :
- Fast, Easy and Comfortable: You do not need to rotate the telescope to some positions to allow the polar scope to see the sky. You do not need to lie down or squat to adjust the mount. You do not need switch off all the lights and observe through the polar scope carefully to find the pole star. You do not need to input the date and time, rotate the mount to a strange angle. you do not need to adjust the horizontal balance anymore.
- High precision. The pixel resolution of this PoleMaster is approx.. 30arcsec/pixel. The image sensor itself can be regarded as a good ruler. Much more precise and sensitive than the naked eyes. In best condition, it can get pole precision down to 30 arcsec.
- Wide field. Easy to find the north star. The PoleMaster has a 15*10 degree field of view. You can find the north star easily.
- Can be installed on any mount. PoleMaster can installed on any mount with a suitable connector. Even your mount has no polar scope, that doesn’t matter.Pole Monitor/align at any time. With PoleMaster you can monitor the polar alignment at any time. When the mount is moved by accident, you can adjust it back directly without redo the whole process.
- No Need 3-Star Calibration Anymore. After done aligenment by PoleMaster, your mount does not need 3-star calibration anymore. Just using the 1-star calibration or single star sync you can get your mount ready for GOTO.
|Free Shipping||Spend $100 for free shipping on qualifying items|