Planewave - L-350 Direct Drive Mount
The Planewave L-350 mount is a hybrid EQ Alt-Azimuth high precision mount with a load capacity of 100 pounds.
L350 Direct drive motors and high resolution encoders provide research grade precision, speed, smoothness of motion and nearly silent operation with minimal required maintenance.
Zero backlash and zero periodic error.
Remote mount control with PWI4 and PointXP.
1 year warranty.
If you choose to place an order for this item, you will be contacted for crating and shipping fee information and options. To receive a quote contact us at [email protected].
Planewave - L-350 Direct Drive Mount
Planewave' s L350 series mounts are built on direct drive motors which have the key benefit of zero backlash nd no periodic error with nearly silent operation and minimal maintenance as there are no gears to wear down or that need lubrication. The mount can slew at speeds up to 50 degrees per second. Designed by Planewave and manufacturered in the United States, each mount is made to exacting standards for astronomical research and imaging applications. In its Alt/Az configuration, it is considerably more compact than its equatorial counterpart, allowing a larger telescope to fit in a relatively smaller enclosure which is ideal for applications where space is limited. There is no need for meridian flip and no need for counterweights which can be hazard in observatories with public access, and in AZ mode there is no need to polar align the mount.. By adding a wedge you gain the flexibility of EQ mode as needed.
Controlled via Planewave’s mount control software PWI4 which integrates PointXP modeling software, the mount includes homing sensors and is ASCOM compatible. The mount’s latitude range is 0-90 degrees and features through mount cabling and enclosed electronics that are easy to access.
The Planewave L-350 was designed to offer a more affordable observatory grade option to organizations and uses in need of high-grade performance. Capable of carrying up to 100 pounds, the L350 can carry a range of optical tubes and imaging systems.
For dual mounting optical tubes, you will need to purchase an additional Keller EZ-Saddle #600182.
Included hardware allows for mounting to a pier or wedge of your choice and the addition of a wedge #600565.
L-350 Mount Features
- Load capacity of 100 lbs (45 kg)
- Direct-drive motors on each axis for smooth, fast, and virtually silent movement of the telescope
- Slew speeds up to 50 degrees per second
- High-resolution encoders on each axis for precise positioning
- Zero backlash
- Zero periodic error
- PointXP mount modeling software
- Enclosed electronics
- Through the mount cabling
- Mount type: Alt-Azimuth / Equatorial Direct Drive Mount
- Weight: 110 lbs
- Payload: 110 lbs
- Latitude range: 0-90° both N and S hemisphere
- Cable management: Equipment cables can be wired through mount
- Swing-Through Length (From Altitude Axis): 22.5"
- Control Electronics: PlaneWave Interface dual axis telescope control
- User Interface: PlaneWave Interface 4 (PWI4) Control Software with integrated PointXP mount modeling software
- Homing Sensors: Home position sensors are included allowing the mount can find its home position on power up.
- Slew Rate: 20 degrees per second (standard); 50 degrees per second (maximum), both axes
- Power Requirement: Accepts 120 to 240 VAC. Supplied with 120 VAC 15A IEC Type B Regulated Power Adapter.
- Motor Control: Industrial grade brushless motor control system and built in electronics
- Motor – Azimuth and Altitude: Direct Drive 3 Phase Axial-Flux Torque Motors
- Encoder – Azimuth and Altitude: 152mm stainless steel encoder ring with reader built into the azimuth and altitude axes. 18,880,000 counts per revolution (0.069 arcsecond resolution).
- Motor Torque - Approximately 20 ft-lbs continuous; 50 ft-lbs peak
- Drive Electronics - Industrial grade, off-the-shelf brushless motor drives for each axis with custom designed interface card
- Telescope Control Software - Uses PWI4. Incorporates PointXP mount modeling software by Dave Rowe. All ASCOM compatible.
- Pointing Accuracy - <10 arcsecond RMS with PointXP Model
- Pointing Precision - 2 arcseconds at sidereal velocity
- Tracking Accuracy - 0.3 arcseconds over a 5-minute period at sidereal velocity
- System Natural Frequency - 10 Hz or greater
|Does Not Qualify for Free Shipping
|Mount Motor Drive
|Mount Load Capacity
|Accepts 120 to 240 VAC. Supplied with 120 VAC 15A IEC Type B Regulated Power Adapter.
|20 degrees per second (standard); 50 degrees per second (maximum), both axes
|Includes Autoguide Port
|Periodic Error Correction
|Accessory Tray Included?
|In The Box
- Planewave L-350 Direct Drive Mount
- Six 3/8-16 x 1/4″ socket head cap screws to bolt the mount to the pier, or wedge
- Six 3/8-16 x 1/4″ washers
- One extended length shoulder bolt for RA axis to EQ wedge alignment
- One 16' USB Cable
- One 120V AC power cabnle
- Standard Allen Key Set
- Flash Drive
- Keller EZ-Saddle (600182)