Meade - 8" f/10 LX200 ACF Computerized Telescope with Field Tripod - 0810-60-03
The 8" LX200 Advanced Coma Free optical tube measures an 8" aperture, 2000mm focal length, and a moderate f/10 focal ratio. It is mounted to a Dual-Fork Mounting system. What sets this optical tube apart from other OTAs is its application of Meade Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC), which significantly improve the light gathering power and transmission.
Meade 8" f/10 LX200 ACF Computerized Telescope with Field Tripod
Meade LX200 f/10 8" Features
- The Meade 8" LX200 Advanced Coma Free (ACF) optical tube features an 8" aperture, 2000mm focal length, and an f/10 focal ratio, mounted on a Dual-Fork Mounting system.
- Meade Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) are used on this optical tube to enhance light transmission, resulting in a resolving power of 0.570 arc-seconds and excellent light gathering power for clear views of celestial objects, including faint deep sky objects like galaxies and nebulae.
- The moderate f/10 focal ratio provides higher magnification, making planets and smaller angular size objects exceptionally clear.
- Standard accessories included are a 26mm Series 4000 Plossl eyepiece, 8x50 viewfinder, crosshair reticle, and 1.25" diagonal.
- Equatorial fork mount heads, such as the Meade LX200, have advantages over standard german equatorial or altaz mounts, including continuous tracking across the meridian without meridian flips and no need for counterweights, which reduces equipment weight.
Advanced Coma Free Design for Pinpoint Sharp Views
The 8" LX200 Advanced Coma Free optical tube boasts a wide 8" aperture, 2032mm focal length, and a moderately fast f/10 focal ratio, all secured on a Dual-Fork Mounting system. What gives this optical tube an enhancement compared to others on the market is its utilization of Meade Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC), which enhance the amount of light gathered and transmitted. This results in a remarkable resolving power of 0.570 arc-seconds and more than adequate light gathering power to generate splendid crisp views of celestial objects including faint deep sky objects like galaxies and nebulae. Since the f/10 is a moderate focal ratio and by nature has a somewhat higher magnification, planets and other objects of smaller angular size are outstanding through this 8" ACF telescope! All the standard accessories including a 26mm Series 4000 Plossl eyepiece, 8x50 viewfinder, crosshair reticle and 1.25" diagonal mirror are included.
LX200 Fork Mount Design
Equatorial fork mount heads such as the Meade LX200, offer several notable advantages when compared to standard german equatorial or altaz mounts. First and foremost, there are no meridian flips necessary when tracking across the meridian which means objects can be tracked without interruption. Secondly, fork mounts do not require counterweights which keeps equipment weight more minimal. These benefits are excellent for users who want to do visual observing or short exposures. For long exposure imaging however, it is still suggested to use a higher end equatorial mount or the included 8" equatorial wedge with the LX200 fork as tracking is more precise and will result in easier post processing and less misaligned exposures.
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||26mm|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||77x|
|Finderscope Included||8x50mm with cross-hair reticle|
|Diagonal Included||1.25" diagonal mirror|
|Optical Tube Material||Aluminum|
|Highest Useful Magnification||300x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.2|
|Resolution - Dawes||0.570 arc-seconds|
|Optical Coatings||Ultra High Contrast UHC|
|Optical Tube Weight||54.0 lbs|
|Accessory Tray Included?||No|
|Slew Speeds||RA and Dec: 0.01x to1.0x sidereal, variable in 0.01x increments; 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal; 1°/sec. to 2°/sec., variable in 0.1° increments.|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates|
|Mount Motor Drive||DC Servo Motors|
|Includes Autoguide Port||Yes|
|Power Requirements||12-volt DC (tip positive)|
|Computerized Hand Controller||AutoStar II|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Total System Weight||73.0 lbs|
|In The Box||
- Meade LX200 f/10 8" ACF OTA with Fork
- Meade Standard Field Tripod
- AutoStar II Controller
- Series 4000 26mm Plossl Eyepiece
- 1.25" diagonal
- 8x50 finderscope
- Crosshair reticle