Meade - 6" Maksutov Cassegrain LX85 Telescope
- This telescope package includes a Meade 6" f/12 Maksutov Cassegrain and the Meade LX85 EQ mount.
- Maksutov Cassegrain telescopes have long been favored for their beautiful high contrast producing highly resolved stars in rich black skies.
- This 6" Maksutov Cassegrain is an optimal choice for a grab and go observing and imaging solution.
- The LX85 features smart technology including the Meade AudioStar computerized controller with a more than 30,000 object database, Astronomer Inside and a built in speaker so you can hear educational content about the the night sky above you, an autoguider port and compatibility with the Meade Zero Image Shift Focuser and wired illuminated reticles.
- V series saddle plate. The 6" Maksutov Cassegrain includes 8x50 finder and two eyepieces.
Meade LX85 5" Achromatic Refractor with German Equatorial Mount
Drawing from their past line up of highly popular lightweight EQ mounts like the LXD75, the LX85 series features a fully computerized German Equatorial mount that is both portable, affordable, capable and flexible. Available as a standalone mount or with a wide variety of optical tubes, the Meade LX85 is an optimal choice for a grab and go observing and imaging solution. This complete telescope package includes a 5" achromatic refractor optical tube, 2" rack and pinion focuser, 2" 90 degree star diagonal, 9mm and 26mm 1.25" Plossl eyepieces and a 8x50 finder with crosshair.
About the Meade 6" Maksutov-Cassegrain...
Maksutov Cassegrain telescopes have long been favored for their excellent contrast and as a result have been a long time favorite for observers astrophotographers alike, thanks to pinpoint brilliant stars and velvety black skies. This 6" Maksutov Cassegrain resolves details down to 0.76 arc-seconds across the field of view. This telescope design is naturally longer than typical Cassegrain telescopes, and at f/12 while exposure times are long details are highly resolved for exceptional fine detail in deep sky objects.
About the LX85 EQ Mount...
GOTO MOUNT WITH AUDIOSTAR®
The LX85 features a Vixen-style dovetail receiver for mounting observing equipment up to 33 lbs., coupled with a sturdy build and low-cog servo-motors that ensure smooth tracking performance. This stable mount can impressively handle slight load imbalances with ease. With its built-in integer gearing motor drive, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using Meade’s Smart Drive feature for recording permanent periodic error correction (PPEC). Seamlessly image the best parts of the night sky without having to worry about performing a meridian flip. The LX85 mount also includes an integrated autoguider port to readily connect to your autoguider camera, making your astro-imaging experience easy and straightforward. If these features weren’t already enough, the LX85 is compatible with the Meade Zero-Image Shift Electronic Micro focuser and wired illuminated reticles.
With the included AudioStar® hand controller you have easy access to over 30,000-objects that you can view with a simple press of a button! AudioStars®Astronomer Inside technology features a built-in speaker that plays over four hours of educational content about the celestial objects you view!
GROWS WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE
Capable of handling a wide variety of optical tubes and equipment, expandable and upgradable, the Meade LX85 mount is designed for you to rediscover the night sky again and again. Whether you are at a beginner level or you’re venturing into astrophotography, the LX85 Series is the portable and reliable mount to grow with your level of experience. Optical tubes are easily swapped out and because the mount can carry up to 33 pounds, a wide variety of telescopes up to mid-sized SCT's will work with this mount.
Meade LX85 Features & Specifications:
- AudioStar® Hand Box- 30,000 Object-Database
- Vixen-Style Saddle ready to accept any V series dovetail
- 33lb. Payload Capacity
- Built-In Integer Gearing Motor Drive
- AudioStar hand controller with over 30,000 objects.
- Astronomer Inside with a built in speaker that plays more than 4 hours of fascinating educational content about the night sky objects above.
- Integrated Autoguide port
- Meade Zero Image Shift Focuser and wired Illuminated reticle compatibility.
- Meade Smart Drive with Permanent Periodic Error Correcton (PPEC)
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|
|Finderscope Included||8x50 Optical with Crosshair|
|Diagonal Included||2" 90-Degree Mirror with 1.25" Adapter|
|Accessory Tray Included?||No|
|Includes Autoguide Port||Yes|
|Power Requirements||12v DC, 5 Amp Power Supply (Optional)|
|Computerized Hand Controller||AudioStar|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Total System Weight||47 lbs. (21.4kg)|