Meade - 10" ACF Advanced Coma-Free (f/8) Optical Tube Assembly - (UHTC)
Building on Meade’s award-winning Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optics, the 12" OTA employs a fast f/8 optical system with high-contrast baffling that insures crisp, pinpoint imaging to the very edge of the field
Meade LX800 10" ACF f/8 Optical Tube Assembly
The Meade LX800 optical tube is faster and sharper with the award winning ACF (Advanced Coma-Free) optical design. Exposure times are significantly shortened at only f/8. Crisp images from edge to edge are provided with a high contrast baffling. In addition to this crystal clear view, two speeds of control at a 10:1 ratio are enabled with an internal micro focuser. The need for a mirror lock is eliminated with the ultra solid connection to the primary mirror.
The OTA comes with a precision-machined Losmandy-style dovetail rail mated to the tube with wide-stance radius blocks for steady mounting and front and rear dust covers.
Summary of Features:
- OTA with 10" clear aperture, f/8 optical system, and Meade's ACF optics High-contrast baffling ensures crisp, pinpoint imaging to the very edge of the field
- Low-expansion borosilicate glass primary mirror
- Secondary Mirror: Low-expansion borosilicate glass that is individually figured with the primary mirror for minimum correction
- Correcting Plate/Lens:
- Aspheric high-spectral transmission Borofloat glass from Schott AG Germany
- Precision-machined Losmandy-style dovetail rail mated to the tube with wide-stance radius blocks
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|
|Included Dovetail||Losmandy style with ultra stable radius blocks|
|Resolution - Dawes||0.456 arc-seconds|