Coronado - PST Personal Solar Telescope - <1A
The Coronado PST Solar Telescope is a superb option for someone new to H-Alpha solar observation. Its optical tube has a 40mm diameter and contains an internal, permanently fixed solar filtering optical system that ensures safety. This system has a 1Å hydrogen alpha (Ha) bandpass filter, enabling the observation of intricate surface features that wouldn't otherwise be apparent.
Coronado - PST Personal Solar Telescope - <1A
Coronado PST Features
- The Coronado PST Solar Telescope is a great option for beginners as a first dedicated H-Alpha solar telescope.
- The telescope has a 40mm diameter optical tube with a built-in non-removable solar filtering optical system.
- Features a 1.0 angstrom hydrogen-alpha (Ha) bandpass filter, providing detailed views of the Sun's surface.
- The H-Alpha optics reveal solar prominences, filaments, and other surface details in red hydrogen-alpha light.
- The PST is designed for portability and is ideal for travel, such as solar eclipses and solar transits.
- Ensures solar safe observation with internal and external optics for viewing the Sun.
- The front filter (Etalon) restricts bandpass to H-Alpha at 1Å at the 6562.8Å range.
- The built-in solar viewfinder further ensures safe observation for the human eye.
- 1Å bandpass primarily reveals chromosphere activity but also shows prominence activity, surface granulation, and filaments.
- The Coronado PST telescope is lightweight, weighing only 3 lbs, and compact, measuring 15" in length.
- Optical tube can be mounted on a tripod or mount using a 0.25"-20 mounting socket.
- The PST features Coronado's RICHVIEW tuning system for filter performance control and contrast adjustment.
- The built-in Sol Ranger viewfinder helps safely locate the Sun for observation, projecting the Sun's image to the viewing port with an included 18mm Cemax eyepiece.
Perfect H-Alpha Beginner Telescope
The Coronado PST Solar Telescope is an excellent choice for a beginner's first dedicated H-Alpha solar telescope. The PST's 40mm diameter optical tube features a completely internal non-removable and safe solar filtering optical system with a 1.0 angstrom hydrogen-alpha (Ha) bandpass for stunning surface detail. The H-Alpha optical reveal the dynamic, ever-changing prominences at the edge of the Sun as well as filaments and other surface details in amazing detail, all in the brilliant and distinctive red color of hydrogen-alpha light. Especially well-suited for travel thanks to its all-inclusive design, the Coronado PST is an ideal grab and go H-Alpha solar telescope for solar eclipses and solar transits.
As a dedicated solar telescope, all the of the necessary internal and external optics are guaranteed for solar safe observation. The front filter installed (typically called an Etalon) restricts bandpass to H-Alpha at 1Å at the 6562.8Å range, revealing the activity within the solar chromosphere. The built in solar viewfinder further restricts bandpass for safe observation to the human eye.
Solar Prominence Activity at a Glance
While the bandpass of 1Å primarily reveals chromosphere activity, it is also sufficient to reveal a certain amount of prominence activity as well including but not limited to surface granualation and filaments. For users who want to obtain even more detail and variance, it is suggested to get the double stacked 0.5Å PST version or purchase the extra SME-40 etalon to upgrade a current PST to a double stacked version.
Small, Lightweight and Portable Design
The telescope optical tube weights only 3 lbs and is only 15" in length, thus it can be taken on the go with ease! It can connect to a tripod or mount using a 0.25"-20 mounting socket.
RICHVIEW Tuning System
Coronado's flagship RICHVIEW tuning system is installed on the PST for control of the filter performance. Contrast can be adjusted if needed since different parts of the Sun may have variance in contrast due to doppler shift, conditions of the observing location and various other factors.
Easily and Safely Find the Sun with the Included Sol Ranger Viewfinder
The built in included Sol Ranger viewfinder allows the user to safely locate the Sun for observation by projecting the Sun disk image to the viewing port next to the included 18mm Cemax eyepiece. This helps ensure the scope is aligned to the Sun at a given point in time.
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||18mm|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||22x|
|Finderscope Included||Built-In Sol Ranger|
|Optical Tube Material||Aluminum|
|Highest Useful Magnification||80x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||6x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||10.7|
|Optical Tube Length||15"|
|Optical Tube Diameter||40mm|
|Optical Tube Weight||3 lbs|
|In The Box||
- Coronado PST Solar Telescope Optical Tube Assembly
- 18mm Cemax Eyepiece
- Built in Sol Ranger Viewfinder