Celestron - PowerTank Lithium Power Supply - 18771
- The Celestron PowerTank Lithium rechargeable battery uses LiFePO4 battery chemistry for an environmentally friendly design that outlasts and outperforms traditional Lithium-Ion or lead acid batteries.
- An uncharged shelf life of 10 years, 2000 charge cycles, in a compact, rugged and water-resistant design that makes it a perfect power supply at a star party or while camping.
- Built-in white and red LED light allows you to use the Celestron PowerTank Lithium as a lantern too.
Celestron - PowerTank Lithium Power Supply
Celestron uses Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry to create the next generation of PowerTank. Smaller and more lightweight for increased portability but with longer battery life. The Celestron PowerTank Lithium is also safer than traditional car battery style power supplies. With up to 2000 charge cycles, the Celestron PowerTank Lithium will last 4x longer than typical Lithium-Ion and 7x longer than sealed lead acid batteries plus an incredible long shelf life of 10 years. This environmentally friendly and non-toxic design uses no heavy metals.
The Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery design and chemistry gives you significant advantage over other battery types. The LiFePO4 has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Ion and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery. Battery performance of the PowerTank Lithium degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries. These batteries can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Ion battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs and will last throughout the night, with rare need for a back up battery! By using phosphates instead of cobalt or lead found in most other rechargeable batteries, the Celestron PowerTank Lithium is also a green design. No danger of a fire if this battery is punctured or cracked and you have no need to worry about higher temperatures while storing. Live in a hot area? This battery will be just fine in your garage or shed thanks to a higher temperature tolerance. A rugged design makes it a perfect star party power supply or camping battery. A built-in LED light makes it a great lantern too. Will keep your telescope, phone, GPS device, tablet, camera or any other USB powered device charged and ready to go.
PowerTank Lithium Features:
- Built-in red and white LED light with two brightness settings, for lasting and even illumination. Red light preserves your night vision.
- 3 hour charge time
- Dual USB output ports. One at 5VDC @ 1000mA and one 5VDC @ 2100mA
- Telescope output port at 12VDC @ 3000mA, Tip positive
- Compact and lightweight. Just 2.5 pounds and 7.5" x 3"
- Includes 2 meter (6.5 ft.) telescope power cord for Celestron telescopes
- Water-resistent with an IP-65 rating. Sudden showers or heavy dew are no problem.
- Battery capacity of 86.4 Wh. Don't worry about running out of power in the middle of the night.
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|