Celestron - Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD
The Celestron Focus Motor for SCT & EdgeHD provides electronic focusing for Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain (SCT) and EdgeHD telescope optical tubes. With the focus motor installed, you can bring celestial objects into sharp, precise focus using a hand controller or a computer instead of using the knob on this telescope electronic focuser.
Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD
The Celestron Focus Motor for SCT & EdgeHD provides electronic focusing for Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain (SCT) and EdgeHD telescope optical tubes. With the focus motor installed, you can bring celestial objects into sharp, precise focus using the hand controller or a computer instead of using the knob on this telescope electronic focuser. A focus motor is great for visual observers who want to dial in exact focus (especially those with dexterity issues) and a must-have accessory for astroimagers. With a motorized telescope electronic focuser installed, an astroimager no longer needs to be physically near the telescope to focus an image. Combined with computerized control of the mount and camera, the focus motor enables the imager to gather data remotely from a backyard observatory, or even a telescope located hundreds of miles away. As an added bonus, port covers protect the ports while not in use, and the covers cannot be lost due to the tethered design.
- The Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD enables electronic focusing using a computer or Celestron computerized mount hand controller for remote/hands-free observing.
- Self-powering: When connected to a Celestron computerized mount, the mount provides the power. When connected directly to a computer, USB provides the power.
- Compatible with a wide variety of Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain, EdgeHD, and Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph optical tubes. Check description for full list.
- Motor controls include multiple speed rates, automatic GoTo indexed focuser position, and focuser backlash compensation.
- Focuser Utility software for Windows provides a simple user interface. Also compatible with Celestron PWI.
- Enables autofocusing with a camera and third-party software via ASCOM.
- Indexed focus position allows the motor to automatically return to a previous focus position and prevents the Celestron focus motor from reaching the end of telescope’s mechanical focus travel.
- Now compatible with the 9.25” EdgeHD.
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|