Celestron - Omni CG4 Equatorial Mount - 91509
- Celestron's Omni CG4 mount is a german equatorial mount and tripod as supplied with all Omni XLT Series telescopes. This lightweight EQ mount is compatible with any V series dovetail and can be used with a variety of telescopes, binoculars and lenses.
- Includes RA and DEC slow motion controls and setting circles.
- Tripod has adjustable height 1.75\" steel leg tripod with center brace/accessory tray
- Two counterweights - 7 lbs and 4 lbs
CELESTRON Omni CG4 EQ Mount and Tripod
This is the standard mount included with all the Omni XLT Telescopes. It is a very basic manual equatorial mount, featuring right ascension and declination slow motion controls that help the user slowly slew to the desired celestial coordinates. Celestron has also supplied setting circles to assist with this as well. The tripod has 1.75" steel legs and has an accessory tray. Two counterweights are included (7 Ib and 4 Ib).
While not included, the Celestron Dual-Axis Motor Drive for CG-4 (#93522) is highly suggested as an optional accessory if users want to start astro-imaging with the Omni CG-4 Equatorial Mount. The right ascension motor allows the mount to track stars while the declination motor allows the user to make adjustments. Keep in mind, the telescope (or mount) must already be polar aligned for this accessory to work properly. If the user wants to astro-image, the drive must have corrector capabilities on hand. The drive corrector hand controller features three different speeds of 2x/4x/8x, each for different purposes. The drive is powered with four D-Cell batteries and can be used in either hemisphere by just switching the N/OFF/S.
- Setting circles included
- 1.75" Steel Tripod Legs
- Accessory tray
- 7Ib and 4 Ib counterweights included
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|
|Counterweights Included||Two counterweights - 7 lbs and 4 lbs|
|Includes Autoguide Port||No|
|Periodic Error Correction||No|
|Accessory Tray Included?||Yes|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||1.75"|