Coronado - 15mm Solar Blocking Filter
The BF15 is a blocking filter which serves as the second safeguard and filtering element of a solar telescope. While the initial front filter typically features a bandpass centered around the H-Alpha line in the case of an H-alpha based dedicated optical tube, the primary function of the blocking filter is to further eliminate all wavelengths except for the H-alpha emission line. This ensures that the observation of the Sun is restricted solely to the H-Alpha wavelengths, which is where a majority of solar activity is most visible. In the case of the BF15, it has a focal length of 1,500mm.
Coronado - 15mm Blocking Filter
- The BF15 is a blocking filter used in solar telescopes and is typically the second safeguard filtering component in the optical path of a solar telescope.
- The purpose of the blocking filter is to further filter out all wavelengths except for the H-alpha emission line.
- The BF15 blocking filter has a diameter of 1500mm focal length.
- Other blocking filter sizes are available to suit different telescope setups and configurations.
- The choice of blocking filter size depends on whether the user is doing visual observations or imaging and factors like the focal length of the telescope or the sensor size of the camera (e.g., APS-C vs. Full Frame) determine the appropriate blocking filter size.
BF15 15mm Blocking Filter
The BF15 is a blocking filter which is the second equation to a solar telescope. While the initial front filter has a bandpass centered on the H-Alpha line (if using an H-alpha based dedicated optical tube), the blocking filter further removes any other wavelengths with the exception of the H-alpha emission line so the view of the Sun is purely H-Alpha wavelengths where a majority of activity can be seen.
The BF15 blocking filter has diameter of 1500mm focal length, but other blocking filter sizes are available as well. Depending on whether the user is doing visual or imaging, the focal length of the telescope or sensor size of the camera (APS-C vs Full Frame) will depend on the proper blocking filter size that is needed.
|Free Shipping Available
|In The Box
- Coronado 15mm Solar Blocking Filter